Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2016, 10:50 AM   #1

Dual gray water tank ?

Hey guys-
I have a 2015 32TSBH. It has the dual gray water tanks. 1 drains near the main sewage connection (where black valve is too) and the other drain valve is under the super slide. My question is, are the gray tanks connected and all gray water drains into both, or are they separate?

The reason I ask is because when showering, sometimes we fill the tank w the drain under the slide and it begins to back up into the tub until we drain that valve. However, the gray valve by the main sewage connection has almost no water in it at all when the other is backing up into the tub. It seems like they should be linked so this doesn't happen?
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #2

The front tank is probably your kitchen & bathroom gray water, while the rear is for the outdoor kitchen would be my guess....

What you could do if you have full hook up is get a Y adapter and tie the two together, with a twist on valve at the Y end so the tanks just aren't draining all the time due to the calves being open. Then when it's time to dump the black, close the 2 factory valves, open the twist on valve, then dump the black tank as normal. If you don't have full hook up there will be gray water that needs to be collected somehow to prevent it dumping on the ground.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM   #3

I have 2013 32TSBH. Front grey tank under slide out is kitchen and bath, rear tank is much smaller and only collects from the outdoor kitchen.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 PM   #4

Ours is a similar setup, 2016 29BHDS. The rear tank is just the shower, the front tank is the bathroom sink and the Kitchen sink in the center island. Our shower also occasionally backs up, but I am glad to have an entire tank dedicated to that.

I am not sure why they don't hook them together, I am no plumbing expert but I wouldn't think it would be difficult.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:39 AM   #5

Split Gray Tanks

I have a 2022 North Point 310RLTS, Gray water tank 1 & Fresh water level indicator's never change.

Gray water tank 2 indicator goes up and down as it should...

Any thoughts ?
MBeggren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #6

My trailer has 2 grey tanks, both 30 gallons, one for the bathroom, the other for the rear kitchen. The one for the bathroom gets the most use. Each has its own dump valve and are plumbed together before the main dump valve. When the bathroom tank gets close to being full I can open both grey dump valves and the water will equalize in both tanks, thereby doubling my grey capacity to 60 gallons. A very smart design.

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:35 PM   #7

I have a 2013 266RKS and it has 2 gray tanks. One is for the kitchen and the other is for the bathroom shower and sink. The manual only says there is a 65 gal gray tank it doesn't mention there's 2 or how big each one is
Bobstekeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 02:48 PM   #8

Mine are both a little over 30 gallons each, with their own dump valve. They share the main dump connection. I put a Valterra twist on dump valve to the main connection which allows me to open both grey dump valves that will equalize the water level between them, thereby giving me over 60 gallons of grey water.

My Spec sheet said the same thing. I didn't realize there were 2 grey tanks until my 3 trip out with the trailer. The "expert tech" that did our PDI said there was only 1 60 gallon grey tank. When I asked him why there were 2 grey tank indicators on the control panel he said he didn't know. Duh...should have been my first clue that there were 2 grey tanks...

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...s%2C104&sr=8-3

Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote