Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Since we are on the subject of dumping. (and I may insult some.. Sorry). But, I can't tell you how many people I see using the same gloves over and over. I have seen them dump and then reach into pockets and grab keys, open their doors, grab steering wheels etc.. I only use 1 time disposable gloves.. Sometimes I wonder if I should get those shoe covers you see in hospitals.. I swear I can still smell the dump station 30 minutes after getting back into my vehicle.. You just know the ground has got to be nasty..

2013 Jayco Jayflight Swift 264BH
2002 Yukon 5.3L Vortex w/tow package

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
Tex1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
After doing diapers for two little ones, I am not germ or poo phobic.
I am cautious though. I keep a put on a new pair of nytril gloves at the beginning of the process. I will wear sandals and I'm not to worried about the different sources of infection at ground level. We have three dogs - stepping in stuff happens - just leave shoes outside the door when we get home.

One thing I have noticed. As soon as I start touching the yucky parts, my nose will itch or my glasses will start to slide... Luckily DW is understanding.

Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
I flush mine at the dump station by filling it once after initial dumping. Before I leave a dump station I put about 5 gal of water in the black tank, no chemicals. Once I get home I dump it in a bucket and pour it around in the grass or flowers. I have dogs, cats, deer, squirrel and birds in my yard doing the very same thing without a bucket. I also pull the grey tanks valves open let them dry out for a day then close them back up.
No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #14
Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Some go overboard some go under board. Using logic and common sense is the best practice. Have spoken to a mountain man who never went to a doctor. Sanitation is each his/her own. Use of good commonsense keeps for the general RV owners the doctor away.

2014 Ram 1500 CrewCab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 3.92 Rear and Air Lift 1000
2005 Jayco Jay Feather LGT - 29Y GVWR-6500 lbs.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote