Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #1

Eagle 314BDS owners....your thoughts.

As I await the verdict from the dealer as to the extent of water damage on our Jay Feather 29L (see "Water Damage??!!" post), the dealer currently has two new 2013 Eagle 314BDS TTs in their lot (asking around $29K for them). We know that we'll want to go with a bigger TT in time and this model fits the bill quite well with the deeper slides and outside kitchen, the added bonus being that they are Eagles. The only downside to this model is that we'd like a larger bathroom, however, the one in this model still has more room than our 29L. The other thing in question is whether we like the idea of a second door that leads from the bathroom to the outside.

The dealer seems to be willing to come down in price, but don't know any details....we would trade our 29L in. Our F-150 (rated for 8200#) is undersized, but I'd be willing to pull this for short distances until we can get an HD.

The reason I would consider making the switch now is because of the damage to our 29L. Although I am sure they can repair our 29L to make it look new again, I am always concerned that it will simply not be the same since they will more than likely have to pull the front end apart to fix is properly.

I'd be interested in hearing feedback from owners the 314BDS, what you like/do not like about it, if you feel the bathroom is easy to move around in (when getting dressed/undressed for a shower) and what you feel is a fair price. It seems to be the base model (no power jacks).
Honda EU2000i Generator
5arnolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #2

I have a 2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS which is the same floorplan. If I were buying today, I would go with the Eagle just because I love the look of them and all of the upgrades. Overall, we really really like the floorplan. The second door to the bathroom is really nice because we spend most of our time outside and it's nice to be able to go straight to the bathroom without walking through the whole trailer, especially for the kids. The bathroom is not big, by any means, but it is functional enough for what we use it for. The outdoor kitchen is awesome, as you already know, and the back bunkroom has lots of room with the slide. I'd love to upgrade to an Eagle now, but can't justify it since we wouldn't be changing floorplans.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #3

Love my Eagle. The only thing I don't like is the lack of outside storage because of the kitchen, but love the kitchen.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #4

I would not want a repaired water damaged TT. Who knows about what issues with mold you may have. I have the 32bhds and will not get anothe TT that does not have a seperate door for the bathroom.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #5

I also have the 32BHDS. The bathroom is larger than my previous trailer. I like the separate bathroom door, but can not get the girls used to using it. If we used it more, or were traveling, the second door would be handy.

Absolutely love the "Party Kitchen". The Margarita Maker on the counter with the fridge is perfect. However, I still need to install my tall faucet, so that I can rinse the pitchers.

Dad of Four Girls
2011 Silverado CC 2500HD
2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Dadof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

It is nice having a second door for the bathroom. It is Ok while traveling, why because you still gotta open the front door first to turn on the water pump. Jayco could have put one in the bathroom this would have made it allot easier. Do like the outside kitchen. The storage under the bed is small and connects to the front pasthrough. You cant get chairs or anything under the bed for storage. When you fill the front pass through with everything else you use to set up camp. That leaves the bed of the truck for storage. There is allot of inside storage in the camper. However there could be more sitting room when watching TV with the family as sitting at the dinette table gets old. I do LOVE my Jayco Eagle 314 BDS.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #7

I don't own the Eagle...however I have spent a lot of time researching our next trailer. I have narrowed it down to JayFlight 29QBH vs Eagle 314BDS. My struggle is the limited outside storage on the 314BDS. However I really like the second bathroom door and the 29QBH doesn't offer that. The outside kitchen is of limited value for us, we often camp in bear country and having an outside kitchen seems a little to inviting to me.

If I were to buy right now it would be the 29QBH for front and rear storage, and I would strongly consider the new fiberglass exterior option now available in the JayFlight line.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #8

I miss the storage I had in old trailer do like my Eagle if the other trailer has more storage go for it. As far as the second door for bathroom. We hardly use it. You are so used to going into the camper you forget about it. We have been camping like total 4 weeks not all at once,with the new trailer. Think we used the door 3 times and it was for my four year old son.

2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Old 10-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #9

We have a 2013 31bds and like others have said the second bathroom is nice but not really used much. The outside kitchen is nice and we have used it much. There is minimal outside storage but we upgraded from a 28bhs and the storage is the same so we learn to adapt to storing and using more compact camping gear. We store 4 camping chairs and 2 side tables under the bed with no problems. It is a bit of a hassle to lift the bed to store and retrieve the chairs but you'll get use to it. The bathroom is a little small but the biggest gripe for us is the lack of sink counter space. I would trade for more counter space and give up the second door. Hopefully this helps you decide.

TT - 2013 314BDS

Twin Cities, MN
jjhu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #10

We have the cheaper version of the 314bds, a 2012 32bhds. We love it! The layout is very similar, if not identical, to the the Eagle. The outdoor kitchen is wonderful. No hauling big coolers anymore. That may change as I'm splurging on a margarita maker also! My hubby solved the problem of the short faucet by making a plug attached to a short hose that fits inside the faucet so it makes filling whatever easier. It fits right inside the outdoor kitchen door. We love the outer bathroom door. If not for the extra convenience for the user, but especially b/c we try to rinse out the black tank with a wand as we don't have a black water flush and we don't have to pull a dirty hose through the camper to do so. Happy shopping!!
Old 10-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #11

We have the Jayflight 32bhds also . We use the 2nd door in the bathroom very much its great so you don`t track dirt in thru the rest of the trailer and it also increases the room in the bathroom compared to our last TT.The bathroom is large enough for us and we do get dressed in it. Although as someone else mentioned another water pump switch would be nice because we also use the bathroom while traveling . The outside kitchen is nice as well and there again we keep juice and sodas in the outside fridge so there is no tracking dirt or sand from the kids. The trailer tows well .

We have the power stabilizer jacks and if I did it again I would rather have the manual stabilizer jacks.The power hitch jack is great. As far as price if the dealer has several they should come off the msrp around 25%. There is a 2013 Eagle in our area in the $ 27,000 price range on the web not sure of options though
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #12

I have a 314 and love it. There is one near flint ,mi. Advertised for $23,500 on CL.
Merrellroofing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #13

Our Eagle has a door into the bedroom, fine for us because we don't have small children. But the door into the bathroom is not only convenient, in an emergency it's an important escape route.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote