Originally Posted by Sagers2
Looking for opinions on pros and cons for either floorplan.
We went back and forth between the two floor plans and had pretty much chosen the 330RSTS already and then they released the 2017 floor plans for both and that cemented our choice of the 330RSTS. If your looking at 2016's or older, some of this may not apply.
At least for us, and with the bathroom/bedroom being the same in both, it comes down to preferences/needs in the living/kitchen area.
1. What Fairenatic already mentioned, plus.......
2. More "permanent" cabinet and "open" counter space. Permanent island is larger than the "rolling island" option in the 338RETS. In the 2017 model, the addition of the "appliance garage" to the right of the corner sink in the 338RETS limits the "open" counter space you can have.
3. With the sofa in the rear, it allows for a larger sofa/sleeper than the 338RETS has.
4. DW has hinted at wanting a dishwasher (sigh) and the permanent island will make that MUCH easier because all the plumbing needed is already within close proximity.
5. With the TV on the side instead of the back, the recliners/theater seating are directly across from the TV instead of off to the side.
6. For 2017 and the larger refrigerator options now available, you retain the large pantry with the larger refrigerator. In the 338RETS, you lose the large pantry with the larger refrigerators.
Pros of the 338RETS over the 330RSTS
1. With the rolling island, it allows you to configure the kitchen/work space in different ways that might be more convenient for you than having a fixed island.
2. Being able to move the island completely out of the way (into the hall/bedroom for instance) gives you a VERY large, open living area. I can envision setting up a banquet table and having the whole family over for Thanksgiving! Or even better, on the rainy days, get a rousing game of floor hockey going with the kids!
3. Being able to move the island around "should" make it easier to navigate within the entire trailer with the slides closed during storage, inclement weather, or when "walmart" camping.
4. Having the Ledgestone fireplace option would allow for an even larger TV to be mounted.
5. Simply MUST have an "appliance garage".