Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #11
Originally Posted by newbold1 View Post
Oddly enough mine came from the Jayco factory wired up with the TV connected with RCA jacks for AUX sound output. Go figure.
That's good. They should come come that way from the factory. Neither of the two Jayco's I've owned were though.

Campbellizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:58 PM   #12
I'll be doing this on my next trip out. Not sure why I didn't think about it while I was rooting around back there hooking up my xbox...

2016 Jayco Eagle 338 RETS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 4x4 CC Diesel

Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #13
Site Team
Another easy mod for me was to put a couple of T's in the tv audio lines feeding the Jenson stereo. I often use a cordless headphone to listen to tv when my wife is wanting to read or sleep.

I just extended the 2 rca connectors out of a small hole in the stereo area and it's easy to connect the headphone without having to run the cables over behind the tv, which travels up and down behind the fireplace.
2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:39 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
Thanks for the tip Campbellizer! I'll be sure we put an RCA cable in the pile of stuff to go out to the Jayco (it's in a storage lot). I think I'll bring along an HDMI cable as well to see if that works better. Love it when there's a mod I can do!
Mine had an RCA cable in the accessory pack with the trailer along with the solar wire, instructions, etc. Now I know why!
2016 Jayflight 29BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab - 6.4 Hemi
2013 Ford F150 Supercrew EcoBoost, MaxTow (Loved and Sold)

Equal-i-zer Weight distribution system
jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #15
Originally Posted by jsallman1 View Post
Mine had an RCA cable in the accessory pack with the trailer along with the solar wire, instructions, etc. Now I know why!
I just looked in my accessory pack and sure enough, there is an RCA cable. No solar stuff though. I guess the 2015's didn't come equipped with solar prep. I'll hook up the cables this weekend when we pull our TT out of the storage lot to prepare for an upcoming trip. I'll repost once I know if it worked for us.

Henk the German Shepherd & Family
2006 Toyota Sequoia
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote