Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-04-2016, 06:11 AM   #11
Originally Posted by jsallman1 View Post
Its been a while since I adjusted mine and I don't have the directions handy as stuff is in winter storage, but if you wanted to move more weight towards the front I think you can also raise the brackets on the trailer tongue, that should cause the bars to flex a little more and lift the truck. You might read up on that section, I think they are supposed to be fairly level when towing as well. Also Your truck manual should/may indicate if your supposed to return "all" weight to the front axle or not, right now your not (4800-4580).

My suggestion, readjust the equalizer completely from the original instructions (my installer completely had mine not in line with the manufacturer instructions), and find out if you need to return all your weight to the front axle from your vehicles manual. You should also look at the measurement between the wheel fender top on the front both hooked up and empty, they should be nearly identical. If they aren't, you probably need more spring on the bars.

I'll echo the tire pressure comment, it can make a big difference as well.
I called Equal-I-Zer when I was starting to adjust it. I think I am good on everything except how many washers to install. My Chevy used 4 and was setup perfectly. I have 6 washers installed now with the Ford and feel a little pull when trucks pass. I see my weight is not exactly setup with everything back to stock on the front. When I did the measurement, I know that I am within the 3/4 inch adjustment with the 6 washers (on the high side for the front). I will check the manual to see what I can find if it says to put everything back to stock on the front height. My guess is it does say to put everything back to stock. I will find out more next week when we load up for Disneyland.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote