Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12VOLTMAN View Post
I have the Atwood quick recovery tank. Is there any danger in setting the tank for electric AND gas? And also, if most RVs are limited by grey water capacity, can you leave the gate valve open during shower time?

The ability to run on gas and electric at the same time is what makes it a "quick recovery" tank, so no, no harm in running both (assuming there's water in the tank of course). Most people will run it on electric at a CG because electricity is built into the nightly cost whereas propane is purchased separately. We only run the propane at night when we're running back to back showers.

As long as you are hooked into a sewer, there's no harm in leaving the grey gate open all the time. I would avoid letting it flow out on the ground though, that will likely result in a request to vacate the facility. Close the gate for a while before departure so you can use grey water to flush out your sewer hose after you dump the black tank.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #22

Thanks Camper Bob,
I'm planning my first trip with two teenage boys and the woman next week. I'm sure I'll need that hot water! And yes, we have full hookups where were are going (except for cable and wifi) so no worries about the grey water... Now the 'no wifi' on the other hand, might prove to be a huge issue for the two online gamers! Hehehe
12VOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #23

Had a cabin years ago. Power went out one night. Candles, pop corn in the f/P and board games on the table. 3 kids.

Next day power was on. Youngest came to me after dinner and whispered 'can you make it go away again?'.

Walked the dog and must have tripped coming in as the main breaker somehow tripped as well.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretCoveDave View Post
Walked the dog and must have tripped coming in as the main breaker somehow tripped as well.
Good Dad!
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #25

12voltman, if I understand your question correctly, grey tank capacity only matters when you are not hooked up to a sewer but are dry camping. With full hookups we always open the grey water valve, closing it long enough for it to get at least half full before draining the black tank. Then there's grey water to flush the sewer hose.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water efficiency, recovery