Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #1

Elite Package Question

Good Evening! Been lurking here for a few months, trying to soak in all the information I can before purchasing a TT. I have been looking a few different models and I was quoted a great price today for a 28BHS. I was hoping to find a trailer with the Elite package, primarily for the black tank flush, however this trailer does not have that. Do you think the black tank flush is a necessity or just nice to have? I read that transporting with a partially full black tank helps remove waste that may have accumulated. I've also seen the spray assembly you can put in the toilet but I'm not that thrilled with that idea. Is there a way a dealer could add on a black tank flush?

Thanks!!
rdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:08 PM   #2

It's a $20 easy DIY add-on. You can get the Quickie Flush or Tornado. I went with the QuickieFlush (no moving parts) and I did it on both of my TT. If yours will have the enclosed underbelly you will have to cut an access panel, but having an access panel to open for inspections isn't a bad thing.

My dealer offered to install it for $100, but it is so quick and easy I opted to do it myself.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 PM   #3

Perfect! Thanks, Clubhouse!
rdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 AM   #4

Since you have not purchased yet and this is an easy add on I'd make it a selling point for the dealer and tell them they have to add one as one of your stipulations to buy. I bet they will do it. I had a few things added that way.
MommieMara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
It's a $20 easy DIY add-on. You can get the Quickie Flush or Tornado. I went with the QuickieFlush (no moving parts) and I did it on both of my TT. If yours will have the enclosed underbelly you will have to cut an access panel, but having an access panel to open for inspections isn't a bad thing.

My dealer offered to install it for $100, but it is so quick and easy I opted to do it myself.
Clubhouse - How is the underbelly attached
Slotted and Dimpled Brake Rotors
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate Airbags with WirelessAIR Controller
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #6
Site Team

Self tapping sheet metal screws from underneath. Most use a square #2 Robeson bit.
Shop Bosch 2-in Square/Robertson Screwdriver Bit at Lowes.com
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #7

This maybe too late but I own a 2015 28BHS with Elite package and it came with a blackwater flush as a standard option. Looking at my spec sheet this is a standard included option on all Elite models.

Cheers!
jaycolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #8

There is a YouTube channel "The Fit RV" which goes into very good visual detail and compares many of the different black tank flush systems and accessories and add ons out there.

Personally, I am meticulous about cleaning out my black tank. I had a home made high pressure tank wand many years ago before they were readily available on the market (I often think I should have submitted and patented the idea). Having taken a several year hiatus from trailer camping (I was overseas before I retired), I decided to do some research to see what is new out there in the RV world for cleaning black water tanks. I have done and still look for the research for the easiest and cleanest methods. There are many YouTube channels and videos which show a great deal of information about new tricks and tips of RV maintenance and care. It is worth spending the time to research before you spend your time and money.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote