Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Emergency Road Service

Has anyone experience a situation where the to vehicle need a tow? What happened with the TT? What are others doing about emergency road service? I am looking at Good Sam and AAA.

2008 27BH Jay Flight G2
2004 Ford F150 4x4 Super Crew
Sheetmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
Howdy Sheetmusic,
I had an accident towing my fiver back in December (black ice, not fun! Pictures in the "Pics of your Jayco" section of this forum). Anyway, I was jackknifed and in the ditch. They sent out a BIG rig tow truck which hooked onto my pickup and pulled me out. The trailer remained attached the whole while. Fortunately, I was able to drive the rig home. I have heard on another forum that others have had the tow company tow them to a campground where they dropped off the trailer, and then towed the tow vehicle to the garage to fix it.

rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
I have Good Sam and fortunately in 31 years of towing an RV, I have never had to use them. I do have friends that have had very good results with Good Sam.

I may be wrong on this but the way I see it, Good Sam specializes in RV's, AAA in auto's. I have an RV, so I go with the expert in the field. A few dollars price differential is not a concern to me, I want the one who knows how to solve an RV down on the road issue.
F250 HD 7.3 Diesel :)
31 Ft RLS Designer 5th Wheel :D
kcconawa is offline   Reply With Quote