Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2017, 06:19 PM   #1

End of the Whitehawk 28DSBH?

So I was poking around the internet and came across this - 2018 Jayco White Hawk 29BH!

It's the same length and weight as the 28DSBH, with identical tank capacities. It's also a single slide camper with dual entry doors. But it looks like a better floor plan (at least for our family). The bunks move back to campside and permit an outdoor kitchen. The bath moves to the driver's side and gains a radius shower and loses the direct entry door. The booth dinette becomes a larger u-shaped dinette. The master bedroom gains direct entry, great for those late nights around the fire when the kids are already in their bunks. The tv has a viewing angle that you can actually see from the sofa. The master bedroom has a full walk around bed that's no longer off center to accommodate a noisy little outdoor fridge in the pass through storage bay.

Had this floorplan existed last year I'd definitely have considered it. I can't imagine they'll sell this side-by-side with the 28DSBH, which means I may now own a "classic" travel trailer, the last year of the model. 😊
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:39 PM   #2

Interesting... From what I've seen, the 28DSBH has been a good seller. We certainly like ours. We usually don't watch much TV and when we do it's usually from the bed. I really like the storage under the bunks. The only thing I might have liked better would be to have the bath and bunks flipped so the storage could be on the awning side, but then the bath door would be on the street side... so... Oh well... We never intend to trade again, so no matter.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #3

I too really enjoy our 28DSBH and looking at the 29DSBH there are a couple things I don't like. I like the added storage under the bunks and the ability of the kids to watch TV from their bunks with the 28DSBH. We don't have any plans on trading ours as we have been enjoying it too much.