I would say costs.
..... and it's a lighter material.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS
Reese HP Dual Cam
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:43 AM   #12

After reading some info on the prices of different roof materials it boils down to costs being cheaper.
For my trailer a 35ft roll is needed as per the quote I have:

Alpha systems ( per my quote) $ 831.64

Dicor EPDM $ 1123.95

Dicor Flex 2 TPO $ 588.95

These prices are just the roof material only.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:49 AM   #13

I am still waiting on the insurance company to approve the roof material replacement on my trailer. Did not know it would take this long. During this time though my policy has come up for renewal and come to find out that my snags in the roof claim has caused them to put 3 pts on my liscense and they are saying that this incident is an at fault collision since a stationary object was struct. If I had known I would have to wait this long and get points put on my DL and still not even sure they will approve the repair I might have done something different.
By the way the coverage is through Good Sam and there underwriter is NGIC.

Has anyone else had this much difficulty with Good Sam or other insurance companies when it comes to claims ???
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-power View Post
I am still waiting on the insurance company to approve the roof material replacement on my trailer. Did not know it would take this long. During this time though my policy has come up for renewal and come to find out that my snags in the roof claim has caused them to put 3 pts on my liscense and they are saying that this incident is an at fault collision since a stationary object was struct. If I had known I would have to wait this long and get points put on my DL and still not even sure they will approve the repair I might have done something different.
By the way the coverage is through Good Sam and there underwriter is NGIC.

Has anyone else had this much difficulty with Good Sam or other insurance companies when it comes to claims ???
I would drop them asap! the bad thing is the way they handled the claim, you may have a hard time getting other insurance at a good price.

Most insurance company's love you until you have a claim, I bet the renewal price will be higher due to your claim.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #15

You are exactly right the renewal premium is now $ 226.00 more than last year and the claim has not even been approved and they have put 3pts against my license for an incident that did not involve another vehicle.

I don`t know if this will make my auto ins rates go up or not but I sure hope not.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #16

How does the insurance company know what the cause is?
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #17

I told them that this happened while traveling on our last trip . We were having to ride at night after we got off from work so it was dark and I do not know where or when it happened. Probably a low hanging limb I did not see not sure.

I knew there was no need in lying and saying it happened while parked.

But I do not understand why they add points to your DL if you did not hit another vehicle or someones personal property.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #18

Quote:
I don`t know if this will make my auto ins rates go up or not but I sure hope not.
You can count on it.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
How does the insurance company know what the cause is?
I was just curious - didn't know if you knew. The reason I asked was while camping several seasons ago I saw a flying toy land on the roof of a TT while the owner was away. It came in rather fast and I wondered if there was any roof damage. Later, the family playing with the toy contacted the TTs owner and told them what happened.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:35 AM   #20

Quote:
But I do not understand why they add points to your DL if you did not hit another vehicle or someones personal property.
I'm confused here as well. How does the DMV or DOT (or whatever Georgia's equivalent is) even know what happened? You made an insurance claim right? Can insurance companies add points to licenses in Georgia? I would have thought only law enforcement would be able to do that, and only as a result of some kind of citation.

Weird...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote