Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #1

Equalizer Installation

So the dealer installed my equalizer hitch. With everything I learned from this site I made him adjust it about five times before I was satisfied that it was done correctly. The bars are parallel to the trailer and truck, the front wheel well got back to pre-hitched height and the back was less than an inch lower. I drove it home and it towed beautifully. I was very happy until I realized he tightened everything with an impact wrench! So it's clearly not torqued correctly. Should I be concerned with this? It looks and tows great so I'm hoping I can just leave it alone and move on to worrying about something else. What do you guys think? Thanks.
Spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #2

Torquing bolts and nuts properly to spec can be a very important aspect. If your current set up and adjustments are correct, you will be fine unless your cargo weight distribution positions change, cargo weight increases or cargo weight decreases. You should make sure the loading set up specs are consistent and if they change significantly, you must adjust accordingly.
(2) Yamaha EF2000is Inverter Generators
House of Harview is offline   Reply With Quote