Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-21-2015, 10:54 PM   #1

Exterior Grill?

I'm planning on ordering a Jay Feather 26bhsw with the outdoor kitchen option since we don't have anything like that currently.

Since the outdoor kitchen needs to be special ordered, I actually plan on adding nearly every option except the "exterior grill." I'm not exactly what it is; I imagine a bumper mounted grill??? Anyone know what the "exterior grill" really is?
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #2

Yes, at least on my jayflight it is a bumper mounted gas grill. Mine actually works pretty good, but if I had an outside kitchen I don't think I would use it much.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
Site Team

This is the one that came with mine.
http://www.amazon.com/Mounted-Motorh...308f0ccc5d991f

They have a bracket that mounts on the rear bumper using the same grill. I may have changed but you should be able to get info from the dealer.

We did not care for the grill and got rid of it. Others rave about it.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

I have that grill on my camper. I don't like the grill much but it works. Cheap construction and won't last long. I am looking at options to replace it using the same bumper mount. The bumper mount is pretty handy.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:41 AM   #5

The grill works and it should last for a few years. I ordered it on my 27DSRL so I could have the propane connector at the rear bumper for future use.
rgchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:47 AM   #6

For the $200 dollars you can get or put towards a much better grill IMHO. They will last 2 seasons, even with cleaning regularly.

A Webber, Camp Chef or go with this SS model and mount it on your own or table top.

Camco Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Barbeque Tailgating Grill S/D..

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #7
Lost in the Woods

The supplied grill is not worth $200, but having the low pressure line from the front tanks plumbed to the back with the quick connect and the bumper mount to mount a different aftermarket makes this option more appealing if you are not comfortable running the propane hose yourself. Not sure if Jayco TT's come from the factory with the rear propane connection and bumper mount without ordering the outside BBQ option.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:02 AM   #8

I'm not a fan of the bumper grill for the reasons mentioned above and the close proximity to the TT. By grilling that close to the TT you will end up with grease spots on the TT. Several better options. Also the LP connection is a regulated connection so if you use the LP connection and also have a regulator on the grill know that you won't be able to get the heat out of it as you would directly connected to an LP cylinder.
dalebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawasteve View Post
The supplied grill is not worth $200, but having the low pressure line from the front tanks plumbed to the back with the quick connect and the bumper mount to mount a different aftermarket makes this option more appealing if you are not comfortable running the propane hose yourself. Not sure if Jayco TT's come from the factory with the rear propane connection and bumper mount without ordering the outside BBQ option.
Mine came with the QC connection at the rear and no bumper-mount or grill.

I use a Weber and I love it. I have not converted mine to use the QC on the trailer for various reasons. In fact, the way I'd like to be setup, I probably won't ever convert the grill. I want to get a propane tree to put on my 20 lb tank that I carry with me. Then I can use my lantern, my grill, and my propane camp fire all hooked up at the same time if I want. Or I can just continue to use the little disposable tanks if I have them or need to. I like to have as much flexibility as I can.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Mine came with the QC connection at the rear and no bumper-mount or grill.

I use a Weber and I love it. I have not converted mine to use the QC on the trailer for various reasons. In fact, the way I'd like to be setup, I probably won't ever convert the grill. I want to get a propane tree to put on my 20 lb tank that I carry with me. Then I can use my lantern, my grill, and my propane camp fire all hooked up at the same time if I want. Or I can just continue to use the little disposable tanks if I have them or need to. I like to have as much flexibility as I can.
+1

Dan