Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #1

Exterior TV mount

Guys I have a 2015 White Hawk 21FBS and would like to install a TV mount on the exterior above the cable outlet. There is no markings on the trailer for it. If anyone knows where the backer is for it, I would be very interested. I contacted Jayco but they haven't gotten back to me yet. With a cable out on the side it seems they would have at least marked the location for a mount. I've looked through some of the threads and if this is a redo, I apologize.

Warren
wh21fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #2

Have you considered using a stud finder. If there is a backer you can find it by searching from both sides and then up and down. I also would do a second test on deep mode to assure there is no wiring or plumbing running in the area.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:02 AM   #3

Actually I haven't thought about a stud finder. That may actually work. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2017, 01:12 AM   #4

I saw something real cool on my last trip. A person hung a white sheet on the back of the trailer and used a projector with his computer to do an outdoor movie night. It also looked like everyone was using wireless headphones to keep any noise down. Pretty awesome idea and it looked like s drive in movie theater.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:02 AM   #5

That is a cool idea but I think I have it figured out. 1 1/2" receiver mounted to the underside of the frame and 1 1/4" mount into that with the TV mounted on it. I think it will work fine.