Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #1

feather 29n rooki quetion

Thinking of making a purchace on a 2007 feather 29n is this a good unit? What should I look out for? Ive owned a lance and a Airstream is Jayco as good as ive heard? Thanks in advance if you have any input for me!
ripcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcut View Post
Thinking of making a purchace on a 2007 feather 29n is this a good unit? What should I look out for? Ive owned a lance and a Airstream is Jayco as good as ive heard? Thanks in advance if you have any input for me!
Hello and welcome to the forum. We've owned several RV's over the years. The last two have been Jayco's. In my opinion, you get the best bang for your buck with a Jayco. I have no regrets.

I'm not familiar with the RV you are looking at, but if it has been taken care of and properly maintained, I would say go for it.

Jim

Jim
Priscilla, best friend & navigator.
Hank (5 year old black & tan Dachshund)
Cocoa (3 year old brown & tan dapple Dachshund)
2010 Fleetwood Excursion 30a
Toad is a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X
(We traded in our F250 and Jayco Eagle)
One Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the input. I think I will go for it if we an get the #rs worked out. The main thing I always try to avoid is campers with water damage. The seal on the slide is bad above the slide. best I can tell there is no damage. I cant find any info on its construction but I belive it has two seals and the outer one is the one that I can see is bad. The only other thing that I dont like is the owner took the stereo out befor they traded it in. Is it true the frames are tubulare welded aluminum on the feathers?
ripcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #4

We have a 2005 29N and love it. Like any ultra lite, you have to realize that the construction is not as heavy as the traditionally constructed models, but I think the Jay Feathers are a good compromise. The construction is aluminum frame with fiberglass on the outside and plywood on the inside. There is foam insulation sandwiched in between. The floor and roof are the same basic construction, but with plywood on both sides. I have seen some complaints about de-laminating floors, but ours seems fine. I would check out the floor real well. To us the big advantages are having more living space in a trailer that we can tow, the low profile and height minimize wind resistance, the great views from the windows, and the layout is perfect for the two of us and the dogs. The downsides are how close the sewer connection is to the ground (a 2007 should be better than our 2005), the 14" tires (we upgraded from load range C to D, but 14" D range tires are really hard to find). All in all, the Jayco Jay Feathers certainly are not Airstreams, but for an Ultra Lite, seem to be as good as most, and better than some ...

I would not hesitate to buy one again ....
WiliWali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #5

oh, they are excellent units......with excellent reputation for service and warranty support.
no problems whatsoever with my new 2010 JayFeather 242
NormCaryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #6

We just traded our 2007 29N in for a 2010 322FKS.

Overall, we were very satisfied with our 29N. However, the sewer was so close to the ground that I constantly worried about dragging it off while towing and found it to be a pain at most dump stations.

Sam

days camped 2009 - 54
days camped 2010 - 155
slp053 is offline   Reply With Quote