Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #11
Saw a picture where someone had bungy corded the tote underneath the TT, and/or on the ladder at the rear.
Just a thought.

2010 Jayco Feather Sport 22'6" (sold)DrawTite,12,000 lbs. 2017 Jayco 212 QBW BAJA (bought)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT SCab 4x4 Tow Package
"If you can't be smart; be stubborn.". DG.
SecretCoveDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:49 PM   #12
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Maybe a spot under the camper. There is no ladder or that would be my first spot.

Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #13
Just wasting time and noticed this post from a while back. Did you get the trailer? I have an 08 model and I am the second owner. Had it for about a year now and have made three trips with it. Fourth is next month. Its a great camper. Excellent use of limited space and I really enjoy the full dry bath. A lot of campers this size have wet baths. This particular model sleeps two very comfortably. Three is two of you really like each other. No leaks of any signs of leaks on mine. I was told by dealer they knew the previous owners personally and they kept it in a barn out of the weather. It tows adequately with a Ford Escape V6 but I highly recommend a WDH and sway bar if you use this size TV. I read recently switched to an older Suburban that doesn't need the sway bar and barely knows the thing is behind me. I'm very happy with this trailer so far. I dont really "camp". To me it is more of a portable hotel room as we never spend the day in the campground and rarely cook. But it did enable me to go to a limited amenity lake for some scuba diving and still relax in comfort at the end of the day. A lot better than the old tent I've been dragging around for years. Going to make it through this season with it but the wife is already itching for a bigger one. She's even told me to go buy a newer bigger truck. It tows great and is very maneuverable. Low clearance can be an issue off road or on a poorly maintained access road (the lake) I'm 6'5 and can stand up in it. A big deal on a TT this size. Overall this is a good fit for me right now. Later in life I would like to move up to something around the 30 foot range with slide outs. But this is an excellent entry level model to test the waters and learn the ropes.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #14
Hi tugboat95,

Thanks for the response. Actually, I did not get this camper. You are right in that it is laid out perfectly. But when I finally got to see one in person, I realized it would be a bit small for three adults on a regular basis.

I did end up purchasing a hybrid that was adequate for dry camping with 3 without having to open it up. It is downright luxurious with bunks opened.

No, I did not even purchase a Jayco (although I really tried) but I still come to this board because you guys really ROCK! You all are so helpful and you have many members who are seem to be pretty active. The other boards - not so much.

Thanks again,

Jayco owner - Didn't happen :-(
2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab
Caryl is offline   Reply With Quote