Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #1

finally was able to look at a JAY FLIGHT 22FB

Very nice! Plenty of room to maneuver around the walk-around bed, plenty of leg room between the sofa and kitchen counter (I'm 6'-1").

Bathroom was spacious, the main living area seemed fairly large even though there isn't a slide-out. Trailer is certainly big enough for 2 adults and you could probably sleep a couple more folks in it with the J-Sofa and dinette

Overall, a very impressive unit and I'm sure when the time is right we'll be buying the 22FB
Blue Grouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #2

Hi Blue Grouse.
We have this layout. We find it great for the two of us. And I'm sure you've read all the accolades of this model in other threads.
However, when you have others visiting, don't expect them to be comfortable on the couch or the dinette. We occasionally have a teenager with us, and at 5"7", she struggles to fit comfortably on the couch (which isn't very comfortable to start with). This isn't a complaint or criticism of the 22fb, just a reality. For 2 people it is near perfect (for us anyway), and it is the right TT for us. If you plan on having more than just occasional visitors who need a place to stay, know that they won't be sleeping as well as you are on that nice short-queen sized bed. But then, perhaps it is good that your visitors aren't too comfortable - then they won't stay TOO long!
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #3

I had a 23 FB G2 and it is a nice trailer but no comfortable place to watch TV or just sit and talk. The couch is very uncomfortable. I put a TV in the bedroom and we would go to bed to watch TV. Other wise it is a nice trailer, just uncomfortable.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
I had a 23 FB G2 and it is a nice trailer but no comfortable place to watch TV or just sit and talk. The couch is very uncomfortable. I put a TV in the bedroom and we would go to bed to watch TV. Other wise it is a nice trailer, just uncomfortable.
We've had our 22 FB for almost 2 months and been out 3 times in it -- twice with full hookups and once to a PA state park with electric only so we could try out the fresh water tank and pump, and use the dump station. We looked at this model at every RV show for the last few years, and it's the only trailer my wife really liked. We wanted a queen we could walk around, sofa as well as dinette, roomy bathroom and no slide. Talked to a salesman this past summer at an outdoor show and told him what we were looking for. Didn't really expect to hear from him, but we got an email from him that he had just gotten a 2011 in trade that wasn't listed on their web page yet. Went to see it and one thing led to another!

I don't think the couch is uncomfortable to sit on and watch TV while my wife is at the dinette using her laptop. Don't know about sleeping on it. My son is in college but he might use it sometime. We bought a padded storage hassock at Target that can fit at the end of the sofa so he can put his feet on it. Since I'm
5'7" and my wife is shorter, the short queen is OK for us, but if you're 6'1" I'd try it with a pillow and see if you're feet "hang 10". Mattress is comfortable enough for us, but I know some people add a foam topper. Since we went from backpacking to "big tent" camping to a popup to TT, our standards may be different from people that expect motel quality.

I got a TV bracket from Home Detail that has 2 plates the arm can slide into so you can put the TV in 2 different locations. I have one on the back wall next to the bathroom door and one in the bedroom.

Haven't been disappointed in this trailer yet or wished I'd gotten something different.
2002 Hybrid Dog Josie (The White Queen)
order191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grouse View Post
Very nice! Plenty of room to maneuver around the walk-around bed, plenty of leg room between the sofa and kitchen counter (I'm 6'-1").

Bathroom was spacious, the main living area seemed fairly large even though there isn't a slide-out. Trailer is certainly big enough for 2 adults and you could probably sleep a couple more folks in it with the J-Sofa and dinette

Overall, a very impressive unit and I'm sure when the time is right we'll be buying the 22FB
we have the 22FB and we both love it. we have a 2012. this weekend we head to vermont for the last trip out

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #6

We have a 26BH, a little longer and a little heavier than the 22BH but basically the same layout. Thou we mostly camp as a couple, the buncks act as a storage area for clothes, which we keep in large plastic covered tubs and lots of other stuff that we might want to carry with us. Also storage under bunks for chairs, grill cart, etc. 22BH has more room in bath if that is important to you. Check out the
26BH if you would like a bit more room. The bunks are 76" long and the bottom one 48" wide. A grandchild and mother stay occasionally. We got a sleep number short queen bed from Camping World, which is a hugh improvement over the stock mattress.
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote