Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #11
Clubhouse, you make some good points. Our storage is on our property and NO ONE is going to bother it. If that's not a problem and your summers are short, or you park it for months wile occupying it, I see it worth five minutes to call the insurer. I prefer not to pay their premium when they have no risk much of the year. But you're right about finance company wanting comp, probably collision, too. I keep comp, as the barn could burn down. My insurer won't cancel only collision and let me keep comp on the cars, but will on the trailer.

As for shopping financing, RV rates are usually quite a bit higher than auto loans. If you own a valuable car it may be fairly easy to halve the interest rate by refinancing an auto to pay for the RV. In my case the auto loan was 1.74% vs. 6 or more for an RV. Happy to give out the name of the credit union I use. And yes, that rate was good on a used car, not just a new purchase.

Happy camping to the OP.

cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #12
My camper is insured through same company as our house and cars. Haven't been able to beat their price. My camper insurance is just under 200 so like clubhouse not worth it to cancel parts when not in use. And our camper is stored in the back of our property...

2017 JayFlight 28BHBE
2014 JayFlight Swift 264BH (Sold)
2007 GMC 2500 Sierra Classic Crew Cab LBZ Duramax / 6spd Allison
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote