Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #1

First de-winterizing woes

Well, we're late getting our 26BH out from storage. So far, I've had a few lessons taught to me by the trailer, but I think I've recovered from my bone-headedness.

- [biggie first] I forgot to connect the emergency brake cable and drug it 5 miles from the storage lot to my driveway. Luckily, it didn't snag, but it is slightly frayed, so I'll replace it ASAP.

- I had left the fresh water drain open, and a mud dauber made a home in the line (hopefully not the tank). I used lung power to blow it out (well, in), then filled and drained the tank 3 times. Found bug carcasses and one larvae that came out after the initial surge of mud. Hopefully, that's all. Currently have bleach in the system to sanitize.

- Somehow I lost one of the screws that attach the Cipa mirrors even though I stored them in the original box. Ordering a new one.

- I'm sure I've done something else dumb, but it hasn't revealed itself to me yet.

We're heading to the Jellystone park near Quarryville, PA from this Sunday to Thursday, so if anyone else is there, look me up!

Bruce
Merlinspop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Well Bruce, my mama told me there would be days like that. She just didn`t say how many!
At least your issues are minor in nature, have fun on your trip.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #3

I have too many of those days too, but at least they're minor and you can enjoy camping now.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #4

Shoot! If that is all your woes....you are in good shape...lol...we have all done much worse...or is it just me?

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinspop View Post
... I forgot to connect the emergency brake cable and drug it 5 miles from the storage lot to my driveway. ...
Been there. Done that! However, in my case, it was about a hundred miles before I noticed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinspop View Post
... We're heading to the Jellystone park near Quarryville, PA from this Sunday to Thursday, so if anyone else is there, look me up! ...
I've camped at that park, but it was a loooong time ago when we still had our pop-up. Are you, by chance, going to have a "train day (or more likely train days)" while you're there and visit all those train attractions like the Strasburg Rail Road, Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, Choo Choo Barn, National Toy Train Museum?

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #6

We too have camped there! I loved it, the wife not as thrilled with the campground itself, but when we went, it was the first year that the water park was open.... was worth every penny they charged for the campsite! Our kids played in that park non stop. the rule was they had to be able to go down the slide alone if they wanted to go at all. Our kids were only 4 at the time, and they did indeed go down alone...loved it, I went down and loved it too...great great great park! We went to that campground for about 4 days after staying at old mill stream campground at dutchwonderland! another great time...lancaster sure is a great family destination...have a great time!!!! and by the way, the only real problem i saw in your post of woes, was that you just now de winterized! have a great safe time!!!!!!!
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:56 PM   #7

I live about halfway between Lancaster and Harrisburg PA, I heard about this Jellystone CC and just wondered if it is worth staying there just for the water park? The other attractions locally don't impress me much since we live so close to them. My kids ages are 7, 5, and 2. Are my kids old enough for the water park or should we wait a couple years?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPM III View Post
Been there. Done that! However, in my case, it was about a hundred miles before I noticed it.

I've camped at that park, but it was a loooong time ago when we still had our pop-up. Are you, by chance, going to have a "train day (or more likely train days)" while you're there and visit all those train attractions like the Strasburg Rail Road, Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, Choo Choo Barn, National Toy Train Museum?

We have been to the Train museum in Strasburg, rode the steam train, and stayed at the "Red Caboose motel" where the rooms are converted rail cars in 2010. Years ago we also visited the train museum in Scranton which was neat with the turntable and shops that serviced the trains.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote