Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #41

Propride on an Eagle

The Propride is fairly straightforward to install. I am handy but it still took 3 hours with 2 calls to Sean. I went slow, measured 3 times then moved forward. Pulls fantastic! As several have mentioned the Eagle with the nose cone does not work with the WD jacks. I got mine on for the first tow but can not access the propane tanks. Sean was really helpful and sent me Straptek'so in place of the standard jacks. The work great, I actually like them better than the other jacks. I would look into that so you have them for the initial install. By the way, Sean at Propride gave better customer support than anyone else in my life!
Eagle 314BHDS
Houghtjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 03:40 PM   #42

Dear Houghtjr,
Thank you so much for your attention and response, first of all. Sean (ProPride) told me about Straptek as well, however he didn't response on my question about coordination the Straptec WDH with the Jayco Eagle Inverted (B-Style) coupler. As far as I know the Straptek or any chain's WDH will not work with a "bottom mounted coupler" welded to the A-frame. Jayco, like many other TT manufactures have the bottom mounted couplers to accommodate the raised height of the TT frame due to the incorporation of "full height" slides......., a top mounted coupler in these cases could create hitch ball height challenges. That's my understanding. You have mentioned, that your ProPride working well with the Straptek and I'm asking you to send to me more detail information about that and I'd appreciate if you have and send to me some photos as well. My email address is: LS6103@yahoo.com. Thank you again for your time, help and support. Have a good weekend! Best regards, LS
leoshats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:59 PM   #43

Hello mocad,

What is the specifications of your TT, I mean the exterior length, GVW and tongue weight? I am very concerned as a regular SR and WDH (like yours Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch) will work well and keep TT on the highway (strong wind, 18 wheel trucks, buses, etc.) with our new trailer with the exterior length 39’3”, GVW about 11,000 lbs and with tongue weight of the trailer at 1,210 lbs (Jayco Eagle 338RETS).
This will be our third trailer, we are traveling a lot, and you know how frustrating when a strong cross wind, or you go down from the mountain or you overtakes by 18 wheel trucks, buses, etc.). Thanks.
leoshats is offline   Reply With Quote