Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #41

I just noticed the same mark on my White Hawk. My warranty expired 4 weeks ago. Anybody heard about goodwill repairs from Jayco?

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post239308
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #42

I have this problem too!

I have a 2016 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL - only a year and half old (not sure if that is under warrantee or not). There is a bolt-size lump under the vinyl flooring right in front of the sink - and the lump is getting taller and more noticeable. I think it's about 1/4" tall now. I'm guessing it will pop through the vinyl flooring in not too much longer.

Not that easy to see in the photos, other than the one that is close-up, but it's right in front of the sink, where you stand while doing dishes...

I sure am hoping for a solution because I really don't want this to pop all the way through...
Attached Thumbnails
20180921_120930.jpg   20180921_121017.jpg   20180921_121010.jpg  
Steve-n-Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #43

This is exactly the same problem as I have.
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #44

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
It is probably a zip screw which loosened. So the remedy is to make a little cut in the vinyl (know you hate to do that) and remove the screw and put some Loctite on it and install the zip screw again. Seal the vinyl with vinyl sealer.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
It is probably a zip screw which loosened. So the remedy is to make a little cut in the vinyl (know you hate to do that) and remove the screw and put some Loctite on it and install the zip screw again. Seal the vinyl with vinyl sealer.
Thanks - I'll try that!
Steve-n-Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:22 AM   #46

Bolt coming through the floor is the least of my problems.
Check out the sag in the floor and buckles in the wall panel.
Yes I also have a bolt that has already ripped through but the slope in the floor at the side wall is almost an inch.
Pics of wheel wells shows hight difference side to side.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0163.JPG   IMG_0164.JPG   IMG_0168.jpeg   IMG_0169.JPG  
Old 09-23-2018, 06:00 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-n-Nancy View Post
I have a 2016 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL - only a year and half old (not sure if that is under warrantee or not). There is a bolt-size lump under the vinyl flooring right in front of the sink - and the lump is getting taller and more noticeable. I think it's about 1/4" tall now. I'm guessing it will pop through the vinyl flooring in not too much longer.

Not that easy to see in the photos, other than the one that is close-up, but it's right in front of the sink, where you stand while doing dishes...

I sure am hoping for a solution because I really don't want this to pop all the way through...
I don't think it'll come all the way through. Mine was there for a yr before I fixed it. When they install the flooring they use self tapping bolts into the crossmembers. I'm guessing they overtighten a few of them and strip out the hole and frame flex during travel works it upwards. As long as the flooring provides more resistance than the stripped hole it won't come right up. Could just put a block on it and hammer it down and see how long it takes to come up again.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #48

The block of wood and hammer didn't work for me. I opened up the vinyl and screwed the bolt back down. It did eventually work its way back up. I'm having the bolt addressed with the other items when it goes back to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:28 AM   #49

It will come all the way through.

I had the same problem, which I posted about earlier. One bolt/screw had backed it's way out about 1/2 inch. The the linoleum was stretched to it's tearing point. The surface was fine, but after I made my incision, I found the flooring had begun to tear underneath.

To fix, I took it all the way out, put red Locite on it, and screwed it back in. I just hope enough Locite remained on the threads to get to the I'Beam chassis. I then re-sealed the linoleum with seam sealer.

I have another one coming up at the next floor joist over. It's about 1/4 inch up. I've got to make an incision and fix that one now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
I don't think it'll come all the way through. Mine was there for a yr before I fixed it. When they install the flooring they use self tapping bolts into the crossmembers. I'm guessing they overtighten a few of them and strip out the hole and frame flex during travel works it upwards. As long as the flooring provides more resistance than the stripped hole it won't come right up. Could just put a block on it and hammer it down and see how long it takes to come up again.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote