Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2016, 05:17 AM   #91
Originally Posted by Jjdavidjr View Post
I thought the tank was empty because of the indicator gauge, and I got no water flow from the pump. Now I'm thinking maybe the gauge and pump are both defective, and their is water in th tank.
I don't always want to fill, since the tank holds 90 gallons, and thats a lot to travel with. I like to put about 20 gallons in, and fill at the campground.

I use a kitchen timer, and see how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket. For example, if it takes one minute to fill, then if I want 20 gallon, I'll time the trailer fill for 4 minutes with the timer.

The trailers pump supply hose isn't right on the bottom, there are several gallons still in the tank when it quits pulling water. Thats why I want more than I need.

Apparently the pump hose, and the overflow hose, are different in each trailer. I don't know if that is something we can adjust or not.

I put the caps on my overflow hoses. As I posted here years ago, I pulled into a rest stop for a break, and an elderly couple followed me in, and told me I had a bad water leak, they have been following for miles. There was a trail of water all the way to where I parked, but it wasnt flowing after I stopped. Maybe the wind across the hoses was drawing a syphon, I don't know. That would mean the hoses extend too far down into the tank.

I would have thought Jayco would have addressed this by now.

'07 Chevy Druamax LBZ
2017 Jay Flight 21QB
Kenelz is offline   Reply With Quote