Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #1

Frustrating Fathers Day ...

Saturday went to Boise for a dinner and a little shopping - stopped by CW and picked up a couple of items for our new 19RD that was delivered to our home Friday by a driver that didn't know enough to do a walkthrough.. Purchased a small inverter and other kitchen items - Sunday wanted to sanitize our fresh tank - driver sz it already has about 1/3 of a tank of water in it, so - after reading about the bleach solution, I get a 5 gal bucket - funnel - bleach and measuring cup and attempt to pour solution down the fresh water gravity fill feed .... solution pours back out and all down my pants. Adjusted funnel and for life of me, can't get it to fill. Took the water hose from the house and attempted to put more water in tank, and just poured back out. Said screw it for now and went to Lowes and got a little indoor/outdoor thermometer - back home and put batteries in and .... dead. Nothing - zilch. Had a beer and opened the inverter to play with it and - long story short .... dead. Used cig lighter in car to verify, and yup ... dead - nothing. Had another beer. Noticed that the fuse by the battery has blown twice now in 3 days when operating the electric front jack ... Crap - out of beer. Sat in the trailer in the driveway by myself watching golf rest of the day, smelling like bleach, and wishing for another Corona. ..... - hope yours was better.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #2

Sorry to hear you had a rough Father's Day.
It was a good thing that you a few beers to consume during the frustrations.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #3

Monday's turning out to be a little better - fixed the water fill problem. Went under the fridge inside and found that the gravity fill tube went "up" a little before it went down - defeating the idea of "Gravity" fill .......... bent the tube down and water fills now perfectly and flows directly downhill. Off to get more bleach - and another 6 pack. Took the thermometer back to Lowes and new one works now perfectly - will have to wait for another trip to Boise and CW to return inverter .. At least I have all day to fill - sanitize - drain - refill - drain 90 gallons of fresh water !!!
Old 06-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottor View Post
Monday's turning out to be a little better - fixed the water fill problem. Went under the fridge inside and found that the gravity fill tube went "up" a little before it went down - defeating the idea of "Gravity" fill .......... bent the tube down and water fills now perfectly and flows directly downhill. Off to get more bleach - and another 6 pack. Took the thermometer back to Lowes and new one works now perfectly - will have to wait for another trip to Boise and CW to return inverter .. At least I have all day to fill - sanitize - drain - refill - drain 90 gallons of fresh water !!!
Glad it is going better today! But sounds like you didn't learn your lesson here. You only picked up a 6 pack?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #5

I don't mean to make fun of the horrible day, but I was going to say the same thing about a 6-pack.
While today is going better, it still may require more than a 6-pack.

Daryl and Sandy
2013 Eagle 314BDS
2014 Ford F150 Platinum, 4 x 4 Crew Cab with Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer Hitch
OurJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #6

Welcome to owning your own rig. Suggest buying beer by the case . . .
NewCamperOldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #7

Sorry to hear of your frustrating day. You do know that a slice of lime or lemon goes well with Corona?
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 AM   #8

If you want to make 3 Coronas more effective add a cup of Tequila and a can of frozen limeade concentrate with the 3 Coronas to a pitcher. Stir and drink! Once the pitcher is empty, you have forgotten about all the issues!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #9

Sorry to hear about your crappy Father's Day. If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one that had a ****ty day:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140615_215528[1].jpg
Views:	25
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	13577

Name:	20140615_215542[1].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	13578

Name:	20140615_215444[1].jpg
Views:	27
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	13579

I'm hoping to get it fixed before planned camping trip 4th of July weekend .

2016 Jayco Eagle HT 29.5 FBDS w/ 15,000 BTU AC, 50 amp service, upgraded counter top, thermal pane windows, elec. stab jacks, outside grill, backup camera and MORryde pin box.
2011 GMC 2500HD DURAMAX/ ALLISON
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #10

Ow !!! - I feel for all of you - the car/deer/you.... Mine seems minor to THAT.... at lease nobody was hurt, correct? (humans)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottor View Post
Ow !!! - I feel for all of you - the car/deer/you.... Mine seems minor to THAT.... at lease nobody was hurt, correct? (humans)
I'm OK and so is my puppy. Truck is hurting to the tune of at least $1700. It'll probably be more once they start disassembly.

I think I'm going to get one of those ultra heavy duty front bumpers. So next time I hit a deer all I have to do is get out the pressure washer and hose it off.
Tail_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote