Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #1

Furion radio

Anyone else have problems with the radio not keeping the proper time. 2016 Jayco 26bh.
Logan lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #2

That's one of the issues I am having, but I am thinking all my issues are direct result of not being on shore power and my battery almost dying and then dying. Hopefully this weekend when I get hooked into shore power all the problems I have encountered (mysteriously turning on and off and Bluetooth connection issues) and the time will resolve themselves.

Are you on shore power having this issue or battery power? If battery, how charged up is your battery?
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #3

I am connected to shore power. I did contact Jayco and they told me to bring it in to have it replaced under warranty. I'm thinking this might be an issue they have had with others.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan lake View Post
I am connected to shore power. I did contact Jayco and they told me to bring it in to have it replaced under warranty. I'm thinking this might be an issue they have had with others.
That's what I am afraid of. Leaving my camper with dealer for an undetermined amount of time only to have another subpar system put in. Might be worth my time to spend a few hundred and just upgrade the system. We shall see.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan lake View Post
Well I finished the 30amp outlet install at my house today so I am storing while plugged and all my radio issues resolved themselves, except now I am having the same time issue you are having...
Old 03-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

in what way is it not keeping proper time? I just picked up my new jay x19h has furion 3200 model, keeps right time....but after playing the radio, it switches to military time. Nothing in the manual can explain this, contacted the manufacturer, waiting for esponse.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:03 PM   #7

I will set the time and come back later and the time is way off. We are talking hours off. It's like it just jumps around.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:50 AM   #8

That's what I use my wrist watch for, or just set the microwave clock.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #9

I am having the same issue. I hit the reset button on the stereo and reset the time. Will see if that does anything. Don't know if anyone has figured out how to take it off military time but if they have, let me know.
Koreankabachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:48 PM   #10

contacted furion...they said it automatically switches to military time because I am by a military base...since then I have it stored up north, and have not had issues since!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #11

Jman, that's interesting! So they have some sort of GPS to know it's near a military base? or are they using the date/time radio signal.

2003 Coleman Bayside / 2011 Jayco Jayfeather X20E -- RIP
2012 Tacoma Sport DCSB / 2013 Tundra SR5 - RIP
Heady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman View Post
contacted furion...they said it automatically switches to military time because I am by a military base...since then I have it stored up north, and have not had issues since!
Really? I wonder how close you have to be. I think the closet base to me is about an hour and a half. However, I'm about 20 minutes from an airport. Still seems like an odd thing to happen even if I lived near a base.

I have heard that their customer service is great so if the reset doesn't work, I will contact them for a replacement under warranty.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:32 AM   #13

My clock has jumped to military time on occasion. I'm near a Coast Guard base in Chatham MA, and also fairly close to Otis Air Force base in Buzzards Bay MA.

The clock has been the least of my problems with the Furrion system. I'm currently waiting for a replacement unit as the DVD/CD does not work at all, and I'm also noting that blu tooth is spotty at best.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:45 AM   #14

I had mine time self set on our last trip. The first couple trips I would set the time and it would change to military time and then be wrong by the end of the trip. Our last trip I didn't bother setting it due to this. Well when I woke up after the first night the time was right and it never went to military time and it stayed correct all weekend long... I believe it to be a fluke but curious what it does next trip. Otherwise our system has been fine...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'm also noting that blu tooth is spotty at best.
I noticed that the Bluetooth has a very limited range. Mine was cutting in and out and I had my phone sitting on my front step. As long as i placed my phone next to the radio, it was fine.

Lucky for me, the only thing acting up is my clock which shouldn't be a big deal but the OCD in me can't let it go... Lol
Old 07-20-2016, 08:08 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreankabachy View Post
I noticed that the Bluetooth has a very limited range. Mine was cutting in and out and I had my phone sitting on my front step. As long as i placed my phone next to the radio, it was fine.

Lucky for me, the only thing acting up is my clock which shouldn't be a big deal but the OCD in me can't let it go... Lol
Yes, the BT range is awful. I have to leave my device (phone) inside the rig or the or on top of the slider handrail otherwise the BT signal breaks up.

I have a Bose Soundlink BT speaker that I find I've been using way more often than the Furrion. The BT is great on it and it sounds much better than the Furrion system
Old 07-20-2016, 05:47 PM   #17

Ours is messed up too. Switches to military time and the time was off by over an hour. The seek back button didn't work as well as a couple other buttons doing weird things. My wife called Furrion and they sent us a new radio fairly quick...it too switches to military time and is still off but only by a few minutes now...Next time the dealer will get it when we take it in for some minor fixes this fall.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:07 PM   #18

Got this from Furrion and it worked for the time being...

Changed my clock to the correct time and not military..

if you press and hold the zone B button for approximately 5-10 seconds until the display reads RDS OFF.