Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #1

furnaces

I have a new 2014 jayco white hawk 31dslb used time two times I recently went camping and noticed that that blower was not blowing any air out in the back bed room.so i took the cover off the furnace under the refrigerator and found that the heat is blowing out from the sides of furnace box the bottom was held up by a wud of tinfoil thats the way it came from jayco now thats quality control when you take the tinfoil out from bottom of the furnace the bottom open up and even more air leaks out did anyone else have a problem like this
striper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:17 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Yeah......there is a saying; "If you want to have it right? You have to do it yourself"
I am sure many things will fall to the cracks by Jayco, but I still have to state it a better quality unit than what the competition offers. So now everybody look at your furnace if it is properly installed and functions properly. Good luck with your correction of the problem.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #3

furnaces

I don't mind fixing things my self but i am finding things wrong every trip the last trip i found that my 8 year could not wash her hands because the faucet neck was to short her hands would hit the sink so off to home depot rather than take it back to the dealer it cost 40.00 for a new faucet but its worth it because its a better faucet and it would have cost me 40.00 to tow it to the dealer so the only one thats making out is jayco
Old 11-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
I was wondering that myself the design from the tap in the sink. You have to figure it this way; you bought a unit you like (with hidden flaws). You make it your own home the way you want. We all have different taste and likes. That why there are so many different models and mfg's. I always see warranty as a waste of money and everybody pays for that. I rather have no warranty but aim for a better deal. But then I always fix things myself no matter what's the challenge. Unfortunate not everybody has those skills. For them warranty is a perfect option. RV's are on the road and anything what moves cost fuel. Wind resistance and weight are factors to consider in that matter. Manufacturers keep the weight down by putting in light weight (and vulnerable to failing) accessories etc. So we just have to live with that. Jayco only gains by moving their product, if they don't do that we have to buy another make.......and who knows where we then in for? We always smile and be happy with what we have. And yes the unexpected is always a bit frustrating.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #5

The first time I ran the furnace on my 2014 I noticed heat wasn't reaching a vent very well. Accessed the furnace and sure enough one hose had fallen off and another was barely hanging on. Some of the material on one hose had ripped. Got it patched up half ways decent and reconnected both of them. Having fun with the new unit but will probably keep it longer than I anticipated. Playing the break-in process on a new trailer does get kinda old after awhile. Have only been to dealer for warranty once, everything else I have been able to fix myself.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #6

Just finished replacing all the duct work well all the 4 in. Duct under the sink and stove it came out real good. While i was doing the job i found hole in two duct and they try to make one of the duct go between the furnace and the vent for the plumbing which there is only an inch between the two so they flaten the hose down to and inch .i also tape all the the edges of the blower box which made it blow alot more air out the vents.warranty are not for the dealer to strighten out the Bucher work that the factory should have not done.
Old 11-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #7

Ok here is where am with the furnace i called jayco and they took all my information and they said someone will call me back. And about an hour later joe from jayco called me and was very pleasant to me and i told him all the problems i had and he was very understanding of my completes.so he told me to bring all the bills to the dealer and they would reimburse me for the money i spent.i was very happy with the service i got from jayco._i thing the person that did the work on my camper can't be working for them anymore anyone that does that kind of work can't last long in a good company.