Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 05:57 AM   #1

Furrion Frustrated

So DW and I love the theater seats and 39 inch HDTV in our 2016 RSBS with one huge flaw.
THE REMOTES !!!!!
We understand the RV industry uses a tight budget for some of its vendors but this is extremely low budget equipment.
Why can they not at least combine the sound system remote into the TV remote? After all it's the SAME VENDOR !!!!
Anyone know of a good universal remote to replace the Furrion remotes ?
And to add to the confusion we have a ROKU and need a remote for that.
A good all in one that works all 3 would be great
Thanks for any suggestions
MikeDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 AM   #2

Years ago I purchased a Logitech for home use. It was quite expensive at the time but one of the better investments that eliminated all of the remotes in my living room and has given me years of service . It is easily reprogrammed using their website and has the ability to control multiple devices at the same time and run macros to turn multiple devices on/off and set the various inputs. While this is probably more than is needed for the simple situation you described I'm sure that Logitech has a product that will meet your needs.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #3

I'd agree with the recommendation of Logitech. I've used their first model of Harmony remote for livingroom home entertainment center for a decade. One of our devices is a roku.
To program a Harmony, you cable connect it to a PC and select each device you own from a list. That downloads the codes. You then walk through setting things up, like "When you watch TV do you cintrol volume with (tv model) or (stereo model)?" When done, you'll have "activities" that you select and it does it all.
You can briwse the device list on their website to make sure it handles the unit you have, but it also has a "learn command" feature from existing remote.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #4

I use a Sony learning remote to control our TV, DVD player/Radio/Amp and a separate DVD player: Clicky Here. It is about $20.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVhiker View Post
I use a Sony learning remote to control our TV, DVD player/Radio/Amp and a separate DVD player: Clicky Here. It is about $20.
Thank you
Does the Sony remote work with the Furrion TV and audio system ? How about a Roku ?
Thanks again
MikeDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDE View Post
Does the Sony remote work with the Furrion TV and audio system ? How about a Roku ?
Thanks again
The Sony remote model I mentioned comes with a booklet of device codes which you input into the remote to tell it what device and what codes you wish to set up. I expect that the Roku codes are listed, but I'm not so sure about the Furrion.

If your device is not in the code listing, you can teach the remote the codes for your device; simply put, you put your device's remote in front of the Sony remote, press a button - say volume control - and your device's remote signals the volume control code. The Sony remote will learn that code and work to control the volume. There is an instruction booklet which explains all this; it is easy to do, but the steps and buttons required for various ways to set up the device are a bit involved.

The Logitech's sound like they are a bit more user friendly, but the cheaper Sony works well for us.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote