Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #11
Timberghost don't let some posters get you down. The box and mount are nice. You sound like you will be using it during the day when others will be out. I don't enjoy the sound of a generator, and yes I do have one, but like you I don't use it all the time. I use mine only when the battery gets low. Usually 5 to 7 days or more. If you have neighbors you can always offer to let them recharge their batteries. They they should be more tolerant.

No I am NOT retired. I work full time.:D

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
Have to take issue with We Honda owners having our nose in the air. I listen to fellow campers both the ones I know and on-line. Yes they are a bit pricey but they perform and don't make enemies of your neighbors. I would do without a lot of camping amenties before I would do without my Honda.

Sorry if you took my comments as aggressive or negative, I was just telling the truth. I think your decision to go with a large heavy loud gen is a mistake. As the previous poster said, we must all respect our camping neighbors, not because of posted rules but because of common sense.

With that said, this is America and no one has to do things my way. Just trying to help you rethink the gen decision. PS I like your box.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Timberghost, don't be dissuaded. I have that same generator and its not as noisy as the "contractor" types. Some people see something not a Honda and jump all over shouting louder than your geny. Granted, the Hondas are very quiet and now with some serious competition from Yamaha and now Champion (our brand in this thread) I expect you'll see some prices drop during the next year.

2010 Jayflight 29RLS
2006 Ford F-250 Superduty 6.0 diesel
Equalizer hitch

Recondite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #14
Good luck with the new generator. We used to haul ours in the truck bed but haul it on the back of the camper now. If it has a fuel shut off use it. We flooded ours the first time we hauled it back there from more bouncing.

Farmer Dave is offline   Reply With Quote