Jayco RV Owners Forum

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
thank you for Generator info

Thank you everyone. I understand it's loud and my hopes are to get the Honda EU2000i but for now I just make sure it was ok to use the Champion. I'm going to be at a race track so I dont think noise will be an issue. Just to be safe I will not charge the computer or phones and I dont even have a TV. JUst wanted to run the AIR or FAN if needed but it's going to be cool this weekend in NJ so I may not even that.

Thanks again!

2014 Jayco Jayflight Swift JLX 154BH
2007 Honda Ridgeline (over 200k miles:D)
Old 09-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
Originally Posted by czech52 View Post
I have a 2002 grayhawk with a onan 4000 and cannot run ac and micro wave at same time.
Sounds like you might have a weak breaker in the geny, we never had any trouble with our 2001.

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
The definitive answer you are searching for is in the number of amps you will use and how many the generator will produce. It takes some reading, and the information is readily available.

Many devices are rated in watts. There is an easy formula to convert watts to amps. Without doing the numbers, I think a Honda 2000 watt generator is capable of handling about 13 amps.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
Originally Posted by Adk Camper View Post
Agree 100% with what you stated and I use mine to power everything in my 33RLDS. I don't camp at RV parks or campgrounds with electric so mine does get some use when we need it.Only powered the TV once and had no issue but then we don't go camping to watch TV either.
Just this past Labor Day weekend I counted 11 Champions at the State Park we we're at and I decided to ask the ranger if he had any complaints about screaming loud yellow generators. Guess what? Not one complaint and that's coming from a CG with 199 sites.
Enough has been said about the noise. Believe what you want, but your neighbors won't be happy. They may not complain [and another Champ owner for sure won't] but they will be hoping you are only staying one nite.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Bassdogs View Post
Enough has been said about the noise. Believe what you want, but your neighbors won't be happy. They may not complain [and another Champ owner for sure won't] but they will be hoping you are only staying one nite.
Bassdogs I believe we've gone through this before on another thread so with that said I'm going to tread lightly.
I agree with enough has been said about the noise but the rest of your statement is purely your own opinion. I stated facts not speculation.
Chevrolet 2500 HD Crewcab
2013 Jay Flight 33 RLDS

Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #16
The best choice I found was a 2000watt Honda Inverter Generator. Its quiet, will run your electronics safely. I purchased two of them. Easy to lift, connected together will run air conditioner plus other items.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #17
Site Team
The OP has made up their mind, no need to hash out another loud generator discussion. Thread closed.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 6.0l, 4.10r

2010 Jayco Jayflight 28BHS
Reese Strait Line with Dual Cam
P3 Brk controller
Closed Thread