Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,230
FYI, Menards has the Champion 2000w inverter generator on sale now for $497. That's what I paid for mine 2 years ago, which btw, has been flawless. I'm seriously considering purchasing a second one to run them in parallel. They have the parallel kit also for $60. We really don't boondock but it would be nice to have that option. I'd love to have 2 Hondas but $2000 vs $1000 is a no brainer for me especially with my experience with the Champion. Honda/Yamaha is the gold standard but other brands have made significant strides forward in reliability/functionality in the past few years.
__________________

__________________
2012 Eagle 320 RLDS
2012 Ford F-250 Crew Cab FX4, 6.7l PSD
3.55 E-locker, Timbrens
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sulphur Springs
Posts: 479
I am very pleased with my Honda EU6500is. It was an investment, but I plan on it lasting me a lifetime, and I can run anything and everything in my camper simultaneously without worrying about overloading the generator.
__________________

etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Parker
Posts: 11
Harbor Freight for the last few months is advertising a lot competing with the "Gold Standard" Honda 2000is. True Sine Wave inverter (clean power).

Not sure what motor HF are using there. My nearest HF is 30 miles away and I don't get over to that side of town often...


We all know how iffy HF is, but wonder if someone has bought a HF 2000is equivalent and tried it out?
johnarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
lightcs1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Upstate
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnarose View Post
Harbor Freight for the last few months is advertising a lot competing with the "Gold Standard" Honda 2000is. True Sine Wave inverter (clean power).

Not sure what motor HF are using there. My nearest HF is 30 miles away and I don't get over to that side of town often...


We all know how iffy HF is, but wonder if someone has bought a HF 2000is equivalent and tried it out?
While I am frugal, I simply couldn't bring myself to try the Harbor Freight models. I have heard they are noisy.

Sent via mobile - Chris
__________________
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2004 5.3L Trailblazer
Warrant Officer Corps
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #15
Member
 
KennyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 33
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
I am very pleased with my Honda EU6500is. It was an investment, but I plan on it lasting me a lifetime, and I can run anything and everything in my camper simultaneously without worrying about overloading the generator.
I have the Honda EU7000is which is the upgrade of the 6500 and is fuel injected. After having a couple other brands with a smaller capacity, this was the very same reason I also made the investment. Starts right up and quietly purrs & runs everything I demand of it without any effort.
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 295
$441 on amazon, in walmart, home depot, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Powe...Champion+2000w


Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNASHVILLE View Post
FYI, Menards has the Champion 2000w inverter generator on sale now for $497. That's what I paid for mine 2 years ago, which btw, has been flawless. I'm seriously considering purchasing a second one to run them in parallel. They have the parallel kit also for $60. We really don't boondock but it would be nice to have that option. I'd love to have 2 Hondas but $2000 vs $1000 is a no brainer for me especially with my experience with the Champion. Honda/Yamaha is the gold standard but other brands have made significant strides forward in reliability/functionality in the past few years.
__________________
28DSBH (MY2017)
Propride 1400
Solar powered 640W plus 400 Ah lithium batteries
bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:59 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sulphur Springs
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
I have the Honda EU7000is which is the upgrade of the 6500 and is fuel injected. After having a couple other brands with a smaller capacity, this was the very same reason I also made the investment. Starts right up and quietly purrs & runs everything I demand of it without any effort.

I'd love to have the 7000, but I'm sure it would cost me at least a grand to sell mine and buy a new 7000. Since my 6500 meets my needs perfectly fine, I can't justify it.

I am very particular with my 6500. I only use Mobel 1 and I change the oil religiously every 100 hours or less. I always shut off the fuel valve and let it run out of gas any time it is going to be idle for more than a day or two. I always change over to no ethanol gas on the final day of any trip so it is never stored with any ethanol in the system. I take care of this generator, and it takes care of me. It's approaching 1,000 hours on the clock.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Manchester
Posts: 54
The topic of generators is always a good discussion. Like anything, we all have a budget. Some are willing to exceed their initial budget, while others just want to buy the least expensive item to have money for other things. I prefer to buy products that will last me years of trouble free service, and a generator is one of those items you need to work everytime out.
I bought myself the Honda EU3000is, which powers everything in my Eagle 314BHDS; including my A/C, toaster, and coffee pot simultaneously.
All I want to do is add gas, change the oil, and turn the key. There is no doubt the Honda will do this for years to come.
Good luck.
Super Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Jackson
Posts: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Eagle View Post
The topic of generators is always a good discussion. Like anything, we all have a budget. Some are willing to exceed their initial budget, while others just want to buy the least expensive item to have money for other things. I prefer to buy products that will last me years of trouble free service, and a generator is one of those items you need to work everytime out.
I bought myself the Honda EU3000is, which powers everything in my Eagle 314BHDS; including my A/C, toaster, and coffee pot simultaneously.
All I want to do is add gas, change the oil, and turn the key. There is no doubt the Honda will do this for years to come.
Good luck.
Does your Eagle have a 15k BTU AC? Does the Honda spin it up?
__________________
2015 Greyhawk 29MV

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Ottawasteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 242
Nobody does small engines better than Honda. Period. I know this from personal experience based on the contents of my garage. My 25 year old snowblower starts first pull every year, my 32 yr old 1985 Goldwing starts first crank every spring, the same as my 15 yr old lawnmower (same as my father's 35yr old lawnmower that I used to cut grass with) and my 8 yr old power washer. Go to any Home Depot and look at their gas powered rental equipment which will be 90% Honda, same as most lawn maintenance companies. For occasional, non-essential use for a few years, other brands will do the job when new, but nobody has a better track record for outlasting their users. The only reason to replace a Honda generator is theft !!

For ease of use, I went with 2 X 2000i gens so that I can pull one 30 lb generator out to charge batteries and run lights etc. or pull the other one out and connect together to run a/c, hotwater heater, etc. up to 4000 watts peak. My father has a 3000i which is a bit quieter and longer run time but it is heavy to lift and move by yourself.
__________________

__________________
2015 Eagle 284BHBE

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Maxtow, Coverking Seat Covers, Putco LED interiors, Kenwood DNX571TR GPS, Kicker Powerstage, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Vents, Line-X, Firestone Airbags, Michelin LTX-MS2, LivewireTS 5 Star tuned, Propride 3P
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.