Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-23-2015, 02:26 PM   #1

Gray tank ? 29 RLDS

i have a 2012 Jayflight 29 RLDS. It has 2 gray tanks all I can find on line and on the Jayco sight is the total capacity of Gray Waste Water Capacity (gals) 65. Does anyone know if this is split between the 2 tanks equally and is 1 tank for the kitchen and the other for shower and bathroom sink or what goes to what tank
Thanks for any help on this.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #2
DEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
i have a 2012 Jayflight 29 RLDS. It has 2 gray tanks all I can find on line and on the Jayco sight is the total capacity of Gray Waste Water Capacity (gals) 65. Does anyone know if this is split between the 2 tanks equally and is 1 tank for the kitchen and the other for shower and bathroom sink or what goes to what tank
Thanks for any help on this.
I have a 2012 25RKS with the same specs on it. I got under the camper and a sticker on the tanks gives the dimensions of each tank; 24X60X8 which equals 11,520 cubic inches. Divide by 231 ( cubic inches of one gallon) equals 49.87 gallons on each tank. Needless to say I was pleased with the extra capacity. My blackwater was the same dimensions as well.
DEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEM View Post
I have a 2012 25RKS with the same specs on it. I got under the camper and a sticker on the tanks gives the dimensions of each tank; 24X60X8 which equals 11,520 cubic inches. Divide by 231 ( cubic inches of one gallon) equals 49.87 gallons on each tank. Needless to say I was pleased with the extra capacity. My blackwater was the same dimensions as well.
Thanks for the information. The underneath of my trailer is sealed so i can't access the tanks like you did. At least I don't think I can, I haven't crawled under it.
I wonder why they listed one size and actually have a bigger capacity. But that is nice to know

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
DEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe in calif View Post
Thanks for the information. The underneath of my trailer is sealed so i can't access the tanks like you did. At least I don't think I can, I haven't crawled under it.
I wonder why they listed one size and actually have a bigger capacity. But that is nice to know
You can send Jayco an email with your vin and request prints and drawings of your camper. Be very specific of what drawings you want. The one that I asked for, drain piping has the dimensions of my tanks. I got the drawings back the same day as requested.
DEM is offline   Reply With Quote