Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2015, 03:34 PM   #51
How about the guy that might run his grey out of the same hose that his black drains out of instead of a garden hose like mentioned before. That hose may have all kinds of nasty stuff still in it if it wasn't properly rinsed the last time he used it.

2014 238rb
bumbles75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #52
Alot of camp grounds are doing something like this for GRAY WATER disposal. This is CLOUDLAND CANYON at Trenton GA and they have two of these in each block of camp sites...

Roy Ken

Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:43 PM   #53
Sorry I didn't get to thank everyone for your reply's earlier, but we hooked up this morning and I just got home about an hour ago. Thank you for all your reply's thus far. The reason I brought this subject up again, was when my family was camping this week at McKinney Falls in Austin, TX, my daughter asked about the pop-up camper that was next to us and the separate out door shower they set up, which looked like a small standing tent with a hose hooked up to it and a hose that drained out into the woods.....So when my 9 yoa daughter asked why they could do that and why I was hauling our shower water over to the dump station in our tote....I was stumped and didn't have an answer for her. It made sense to me, as in the summer we frequently shower at our rear outdoor shower in our bathing suits, so the gray tank doesn't fill up. I just wanted to let everyone know why I searched the forum and brought up the subject again...I must say you all are a wealth of knowledge and are very cordial to one anther!!

'14 Ram 2500 MC CTD
'14 287BHBE (gone)
'16 North Point 377BHRL (current and hopefully last)
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #54
Originally Posted by AKGperson View Post
I just assumed gray but it should be black.
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #55
I don't see a problem with letting grey water drain on the ground....the problem I see is you have some trailers that have massive grey water tanks, and in parks that are heavily used you would have a muddy mess. I think that is the biggerst problem is how to control the amount of grey water that you are allowed to dump, also if it is raining and you add more water to the ground you are going to have the potential of a huge mess. I think it comes back to a few would spoil it for everyone so it is easier to make a rule that states you can't dump grey water on the ground
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 12:11 PM   #56
Grumpy, Not all greywater is equally "grey". Kitchen sink water laden with food solids is more heavily contaminated than greywater from showers and bathroom sinks. Although greywater from these sources contains less pathogens than blackwater, many regulatory bodies consider it as blackwater.

"We're all here because...we're not all here"

2015 White Hawk 25BHS w/Outdoor Kitchen
2015 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD Z71 4x4 Duramax
1985 Coleman Sequoia Tent Trailer
AKGperson is offline   Reply With Quote