Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
I found a portable gas grill that has flavor bars in it. Not sure how it will work for breakfast items, but from what I have read it gets pretty hot. Works off of the 1# propane bottles, but states it is adaptable to larger tanks. As I said earlier, I want to have mine about 20 feet from the TT. Here is a couple of links that I located, including a fairly detailed diagram of the grill. Do you think that this set-up will work with our quick connect system?

quick connect hook-up http://caloreequipment.com/products/...onnection.html
grill diagram http://www.broilkingbbq.com/manuals/...Rev_B_1209.pdf
grill info http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills/p...ta-chef-s.html

2012 Jayco 32 TSBH
Stored in Myrtle Beach/Surfside SC
2006 Tundra DC with tow package
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
If you can hook an extra propane tank to it, what would be the difference between hooking it up to our quick connect? Jayco put a quick connect on our TT's, but from what I see, the quick connect doesn't get the use it should!
I don't know about others but my quick connect is AFTER the regulator on the fiver. This is a low pressure connection. That is why most people don't mess with it due to the fact you have to either buy a low pressure grill or modify an existing grill to accommodate the low pressure connection.

I have an older gas kettle grill that I have had for ages. When I got the first RV that had a quick connect after the regulator I took the old grill to the local RV dealer and he said that I could not do what I wanted to do. BUT he had a low pressure grill that he would sell me for $100+. I passed. I finally found a local propane dealer that knew what to do. There was a hose between the burner and the regulator. I had him to split the hose in the middle and then he crimped threaded fittings on both ends for me. Then I found the correct male fittings to connect it all to a 15' hose that I bought at Tractor Supply. Like many I thought that the fittings are universal. Anyone want to buy a quick connect that doesn't work on the Jayco connection? *Grin* Needless to say you have to find the right fittings. The reason that I had fittings put on both ends of the cut hose was so I could reconnect the regulator if I ever wanted to use a stand alone tank. Grand total at propane dealer...$6.

Works the same as if it was attached to a stand alone through the regulator attached. Another thing to keep in mind is that the pressure from the Jayco is 11" water column. You just need to make sure that the grill regulator is the same.

2011 Dodge 3500 DRW CC
2015 Open Range JT337RLS
rbrumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
While it's not mentioned ,we use the RVQII, great grill, attaches to the tt with about a foot of space between it and the tt. The grate side, while solid with ridges, is tilted to the rear so the grease flows to the catch can mounted on the back. i use a small pce of wood from the pile to clean between the ridges while still warm. It also has an adaquit size grill for eggs, pancakes etc. Just my $.02 Larry
Larry & Rachel Demers 2010 19H, 1999 F250 std cab 5.4, Auto, 4:10's 4x4
19H F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
Originally Posted by rall1216 View Post
I have the red Coleman and I really like it. It's just getting use to adjusting the flame(s) depending on which meat you cook. It is very fast and convenient. I bought a hose to use with the extra propane tank that I usually carry on trips. This is much more economical than the small tanks. However, the hose did go bad once and luckily I had a couple of small tanks with me.
Where did you get the hose?
The hose I got attached to where the bottle attached on the grill, which was before the regulator, I could not find one that had the same end to connect to the grill to by pass the regulator on the grill. So with the regulator on the trailer and the regulator on the grill I couldn't get enough fuel to light a flame.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #15
I got the hose at Academy. One end has the same connector as the small bottle which connects to the regulator on the grill. The other end connects to an extra propane tank. I never tried to find a quick connect to use with the trailer connection due to the two regulator problem you refer to.
2010 Ford F-150 Lariat
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L
rall1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #16
I bought a Weber 200, removed the regulator and then bought a quick connect 10' hose from a rv dealership. I took the hose and the BBQ valve with me to several hardware stores in order to get the right fittings to make everything fit. Once I had all the fittings I then purchased a 15' hose and a 5' hose with a quick connect fitting. I attached the 5' hose permanately to the BBQ and attaced a quick connect fitting to the end. Now when I hook it up to my camper I have the option to use different length hoses depending on how close I want to have the BBQ to the TT.
I liked the idea that I did not to have haul around the small propane bottles that I did the same conversion to a single burner stove. Now when we steam lobsters or boil a big pot of water for spaghetti or corn we can do it outside and not steam up the inside of the TT.
Joe, Joyce , 4 Kids and 3 Dogs.
2004 V-10 Excursion with Hellwig sway bar, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Bilstein shocks and steering stabilizer, Super Duty Tow Mirrors,
3.73 Gears, Reese dual cam, Prodigy brake controller.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
I've got one of these. It is a great gill. The clean up is super easy, it the grill has grates in it so you are cooking with flame, it comes with a flat griddle for pancakes, you also have a stove on the side.

It is small, yet easily cooks enough for 5 people. It fits on any picnic table or other table. I have a Coleman Paul JR grill Roadtrip... Hate it. I like the idea of the WeberQ, because it is a nice grill, but you are limited in its ability. I have a small aluminum table that I bought at WalMart for $20 that fits perfect under it, although lately I have just been using the picnic table.

I would buy this little Coleman grill 2 or 3 more times.

...she started talking about how I never listened to her or somethin, I donno, I wasn't really paying attention...
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
I've got the red Coleman Roadtrip and love it. It folds flat and will store in the front pass through storage on my 32TSBH. I clean it at the end of every trip and its a price of cake. I bought a neat hose at Camping World that is an adapter that connects between one of my propaneto tanks in front and the hose on the TT, it allows me to screw in a 10-15 foot hose, route it out the top access door of the propane tank cover and screw it to the grill. IMO the best of both worlds - don't need to use small bottles and don't need to carry an extra bulk tank. I wouldn't want to grill under the awning as it seems to trap smoke, and any time you open the TT door it funnel it right in. If you try to use a longer hose, be aware of the potential tripping of people in the high traffic area under the awning where the low pressure disconnect is. I set my grill up right near the hitch, close enough to people to socialize, but not a risk for the kids to run into.

They sell half and whole griddle attachments, but I haven't used them. I will admit to making the transition to an electric griddle - easier to control heat and I don't have to use propane.
2012 Jayco 32TSBH
2004 Ford Excursion
ProPride 3P / Tru Control brake controller
Roadmaster Active Suspension
Ranger431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #19
Interesting conversation, I have used a Brinkmann table top grill for the past 2 years, tried to look up the model, and it isn't made any more. It has plenty of heat and cleans easily. Friends have Webers and like them.

I use a 20# bottle with a distribution tree. Gas grille, a 3 burner Coleman stove, the 3rd burner is a jet! Larger flame for large kettles of corn, and seafood. And a lantern on top of the tree. We use a flat griddle on the Coleman if needed.
Gives a lot of flexability.

About the only time we use the cooktop in the trailer is for coffee.
Bob in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #20
I have the coleman road trip which has been a great grill for me in the boiling, skillet and some grilling applications. While in my local Sam's club yesterday they had a portable table top SS grill with flavorizer bars and rated at 20,000 BTU. It could be easily adapted to quick connect based on the way the regulator was connected with regualtion for heat on the face of the unit. The entire thing was SS including the grates. All for $99.00 bucks. I would have bought this thing in a minute if I didn't already have 2 with the side RVQ and Coleman. I even thought about getting it for a backup beacuse you know it won't be there when I do need it.

The only downside I sawa was that you needed to place it on a table top which would need to be fireproof. Coleman comes with it already and Webber you can buy it.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote