Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2016, 09:59 AM   #1

Has anyone used the LevelMatePro

I did a search here on the forums and came up dry, has anyone ever used the Level Mate Pro wireless Bluetooth 4.0?

I was actually going to build one until I came across this device that claims to adjust itself, Apps available for both Android and Apple.

LevelMatePRO - Wireless Vehicle Leveling System

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Lakehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #2
eow

Just used my LevelMatePro for the first time with Anderson Levelers and a ProPride. I really like it for the time savings and lack of arguments with the DW as to whether we are level enough side to side, LOL.

The hitch height save and recall function saves having to get out of the TV for a "final" stinger height adjustment. Just keep backing up into the main unit.

Setup is very simple and use is intuitive. No PhD required. A great product, already one of my favourites and I have no regrets getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reese 5th Airborne (bagged) Pin Box
RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
eow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #3

Thanks eow. I received my LevelMatePro and though I have not used it to level the unit just yet, I can say the install and setup was a snap. I look forward to backing in and leveling without having DW inside reporting level info from the fridge. I have the Andersen levelers and have yet to use them thus far, we have been fortunate enough to have level side to side pads.

2005 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4.7 V8 trans cooler, elect fans, auto rear leveling system (bags) towing package. Rated to pull (according to dealer) 6700lbs.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #4
eow

I look forward to hearing how you like using the LevelMatePro and Anderson levelers.

RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 08-12-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

Nice, detailed installation and review notes here (with video) on Love Your RV. Ray always does a really nice job explaining new products.
Our White Hawk photo album
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #6

I go all homemade. I built my own set of Anderson levelers and wrote my own Android app for remote leveling over Bluetooth using two Android devices. It works great. So much quicker.

I felt the price was a bit high especially for something I could do myself.
nightcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #7
eow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I go all homemade. I built my own set of Anderson levelers and wrote my own Android app for remote leveling over Bluetooth using two Android devices. It works great. So much quicker.

I felt the price was a bit high especially for something I could do myself.

I wish I had your skills nightcrawler.

RoadMaster Shock Kit
X-Factor Cross Bracing
Old 08-13-2016, 09:55 AM   #8

Just ordered one. Hope it works as advertised.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:38 AM   #9

Update for the LevelMatePro:

I can appreciate nightcrawlers desire to build one from scratch as I contemplated it myself. Time being a constraint to build one myself, I decided to find one already built.

Anyway, as I backed in and was about to do my final level for this trip, I opened my Level Mate Pro app and it would not connect to the Level Mate Pro device. After going through all the obvious things (bluetooth, wifi, other like apps running, etc.), I wound up leveling with the level app on my phone. I forgot to bring the level from home. Luckily the pad was already level side to side and the front to back is a snap anyway. After everything was all setup, I decided to check the Level Mate pro unit mounted in the trailer. I removed the battery, replaced the battery, tried to connect and still same thing..... no connection. Even reset my phone and tried again to no avail, it was not going to connect. This was just purchased this in July 2016 so the battery should have lasted longer, or so I thought. I had the DW pick up a fresh pack of those lithium 2032 button cell batteries while she was out. I popped one one of those fresh batteries in and viola.... the app detected it and all my previous data was there. All in all, I still have yet to use it to level the trailer.

I did contact the manufacturer of the product to make record of the issue and the service response was lightning fast. I didn't want a replacement until I was satisfied nothing would get this device to work which they offered. I'm glad it was only the battery, however, my thinking is; "what caused the battery to drain?, was the battery sitting on a shelf for too long?", hopefully the latter, we will see in a few weeks when we go out again. I will keep you all updated as to how this all works out.

I will offer one piece of advice to anyone who purchases this device, replace the battery with a fresh one from a top brand like energizer with a long expiration date immediately. These batteries are cheap for a 5 pack and are found in a variety of devices such as watches, key-less entry remotes, lighting remotes, and the list goes on.. so a 5 pack is not all unrealistic or unnecessary. I really hope by sharing my experience, someone can avoid some of these minor inconveniences.

Happy Camping Everyone!

Old 09-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #10

Just want to toss a +1 to this thing. I just love that I pull in, head back/forth on the spot looking for a bit of a more level area from the phone while in the truck. Then you get an inch measurement vs any sort of angle so you know exactly how far you have to go to level.

It's pricey, but darn it's handy and speeds up leveling once at camp.

Retired: 2014 X23B
mitechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #11

I installed mine a few weeks ago. It works exactly as advertised and because I didn't fully read the instructions I needed to call for support. Left a message and got a call back within 10 minutes. I explained that it was my error that prompted the call and found out I was talking to the developer!

Great product with great support.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
I installed mine a few weeks ago. It works exactly as advertised and because I didn't fully read the instructions I needed to call for support. Left a message and got a call back within 10 minutes. I explained that it was my error that prompted the call and found out I was talking to the developer!

Great product with great support.

Great customer service from the developer is A++ in my book and does not go unappreciated. So get the word out, these really are worth the money spent. Chuck has a great product here.

Before purchasing this product, I was actually planning to build my own from Audrino devices and develop my own app to link them. This was because I could not find what I was looking for already manufactured until I came across LevelMatePro. Time and headaches saved.

LevelMatePRO - Wireless Vehicle Leveling System

Old 09-10-2016, 08:13 AM   #13

I purchased this from amazon and recieved it in two days. It was very easy to install and set up in my motorhome. I am traveling across country and have used it in every campground and it works fantastic. Just by backing up a few inches I went from -6" to almost level. I could have went without putting my jacks down if I wanted to. Great Product.
Djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 12:56 PM   #14

Want to get one but... Right now they are all sold out everywhere. Said more coming in October... Hopefully!
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #15

I've played around with it in the driveway and used it on one trip so far. Works as advertised. I did have to move the unit closer to the front of the trailer to keep from losing the signal. I put it in the front storage compartment up high on the side, out of the way but still easy to reach to replace the battery. Maybe a setting or just practice but did notice that if it says to raise the passenger side up 1 inch and you go over it will then tell you to raise the driver side rather than to lower the passenger side. I had it show that reading only a couple of times, maybe due to a reset or lost signal between readings?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:35 AM   #16

Overshooting height

Suzhou,

In your example of LevelMatePRO telling you to raise the passenger side 1" and if you overshoot that by raising it more than 1", it then tells you to raise the driver side instead of lowering the passenger side the system is working properly. When the RV has both wheels on the ground the system will always tell you to raise one side or the other since you can't lower a wheel that is already on the ground. The reason why the system is telling you to raise the driver side instead of lowering the passenger side when you overshoot is because the LevelMatePRO has no way to know that you have already raised a wheel which could be lowered. It has to always assume that both wheels are on the ground since there is no way for it to know that they aren't.

Hope this makes sense.

Chuck Leonard
Command Electronics, LLC
Commandelectronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #17

Chuck, thanks for the info. I used it on this trip and figured out that's simply how it works and makes sense otherwise you would have folks out digging holes under their wheels (kidding of course). Not to turn this into a tech forum for your product but I do have one question. Is there some sort of refresh option (swipe the screen, tap it, etc). If I see a delay in the display and have moved the TT on the levelers I will just restart the app during the process, sometimes multiple times, to be sure it is getting a real time reading rather than assume. I'm probably just being paranoid that it is still communicating with the sending unit and am used to seeing a refresh option in other apps. Very nice product and app is very simple to use without being a distraction while concentrating on backing up.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #18

Back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered one for our new 330RSTS that is due to land next week.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered one for our new 330RSTS that is due to land next week.
As soon as they are there... Sold out! Waited one day too late!
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StupendousMan View Post
As soon as they are there... Sold out! Waited one day too late!
Did you try contacting the company? I thought I saw an email that said that Amazon would be receiving stock in bunches. They also mentioned that they would be opening up sales to US via their website "in a few weeks", but maybe they might push that up knowing that Amazon has already sold out. Worth a try. 828-549-8199