Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 AM   #21

Aljo, there is no external access panel so I am having trouble getting to it. I will be in touch with my dealer this morning and maybe they will have suggestions. I started to try to go in through the vend under the fridge but it seems like a hard place to access even after removing some screws. I don't want to wreck my interior trying to get to this thing especially if it is under warranty.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:48 AM   #22

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
It is a said state saving a few dollars on an outside access door for the furnace and cutting a hole in the outside wall. Yes it save 15 minutes on the assembly line.
But what I have heard the problems people having servicing the furnaces is a nightmare.
If there is a problem or service you have to remove the furnace and bench test the unit.
Fault codes are hard to read when it is hidden under who knows what and facing the outside wall. Shame on the manufactures who install furnaces like that (but they get away with it).......Craftsmanship what? Lucky in my 2005 I still have an access door.
So everyone goes shopping for an access door for the furnace now.............well at least you can read the access codes and are able to service the furnace from the outside.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbird 9 View Post
Aljo, there is no external access panel so I am having trouble getting to it. I will be in touch with my dealer this morning and maybe they will have suggestions. I started to try to go in through the vend under the fridge but it seems like a hard place to access even after removing some screws. I don't want to wreck my interior trying to get to this thing especially if it is under warranty.
Good that this happened under warranty. Now they will have to cut an access hole to get the furnace out, at their expense. Should it have to be worked on in the future, you will have access to it. This happened to us in our brand new 2014 Eagle 33.5RETS. Was shipped with a bad control board in the furnace. Did not know this until about the third trip into the mountains when the fireplace would not heat the unit sufficiently. Went to use the furnace, and wallah! Went to look for the furnace access door and found none. Front basement wall had to be removed and then an access hole cut into the main wall to remove the furnace. A simple door on the outside would have meant a 10 minute fix to replace a board. Instead, about a 3 hour labor charge to replace a $25 board.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:59 AM   #24

Wow! I did not realize they would have to cut a hole in the wall of the unit. Well I guess there is an upside if we then will have easier access to the furnace. This will be interesting as we are 2000 miles from home right now. I will keep you posted with what I find out and how we end up getting this fixed.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:23 AM   #25

Just an update on my heater situation. When I took it to the dealer I couldn't get in for a week and I never tried turning the heater on again until I took it there. I probably should have tried it again but I didn't want to keep trying something that wasn't working. Anyway, as always seems to be the case when the service guy tried it, it worked like a charm. I felt kind of stupid bringing in a perfectly working furnace but he did see where he thinks overflow water from the drip tray behind the fridge spilled over and water may have gotten into the furnace area. He just ran the line that normally goes into the drip tray right out the side vent behind the fridge so it drips on the ground beside the trailer and that should solve that issue. He said perhaps given time for the furnace to dry out it was able to work properly again. Kind of an annoying one in the end but figured I would update you all. As a side note, I dealt with Billy at South Texas Trailer and Supply in Sinton, Tx. It was a small dealer with few trailers on the lot but the service and assistance I got was excellent. He ended up answering a lot of questions and helping me with my trailer set up. In the end it was well worth the trip to take the trailer in.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #26

Glad to hear that it is working again.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:57 AM   #27

Thanks for the update. No telling who it may help in the future.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote