Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2016, 08:52 AM   #1

Hello, need tips

Just joined Jayco forum and just became the owner of a '08 Jay Flight 29RLS. Seems to be very well kept. No TV, Radio, or anything. What are your suggestions for brands and set up? Should I think about upgrading the ceiling speakers? Also, could someone please tell me where is the fuse panel?
Roundabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:19 AM   #2

Welcome. We've had our trailer for a few months and I've found this site to be VERY helpful. I've found that the search function can lead you to a lot of great info if you try different word combinations to try and narrow it down. There are many threads on the same topic so it can be a bit overwhelming at first. If you read through a few of them you can soon get the hang of how to find what you are looking for, sometimes. Sometimes it's easier to just start a new thread. Fortunately the pros on the site are patient and will answer the same question over again.

My fuse panel/box is behind a black panel just above floor level in the kitchen area.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:29 AM   #3

yup i'm a new owner and new member here also and so far this site has been great. I also searched for some threads on speaker upgrades. there seems to be a trend to upgrade to a particular jbl speaker set. I forget the model number but it was a 6.5" marine jbl speaker. i looked them up on amazon and they were pretty cheap.

my fuse panel is also near the floor by the kitchen area.
toklas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:51 AM   #4

We have a '08 29BHS and our fuse panel is under the oven. Black plastic cover. I used the Best Buy house brand for the TV, found a 24" LED on sale for $89 around Christmas time. For the music I picked up a cheap 12V automotive radio on Amazon. Speakers were already there, so I wired it in to them and got the 12V from the TV antenna outlet. Amazon had a plastic box that I mounted to the shelf and then installed the radio in. Now I have 12V radio when we dry camp or when we stop for meals/breaks on the road.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 04:18 PM   #5

29rlds owner here (2013) Yes ours is also under the oven. As far as the TV's go pic what you like ,we have Visio in our trailer and seems to work great.
tshirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:38 AM   #6

If you don't have one, you can download most of the manuals. From what you said, this looks to be the one: http://www.jayco.com/files/downloads...ilename_85.pdf

I have the one for my trailer and have used it a few times already.

For your TV, make sure to measure the opening where it will hang/stand. Depending on the bezel a TV listed as 29" may actually be 31" in size. And I second the Best Buy sale option, or checking on Amazon. If you don't know how often you are going to use it, buying something cheaper will get you going, and then if you find you are using it more than expected, you can always upgrade to a nicer TV with a better picture. And check what you want to plug into it and make sure it has the right connections or the right number of connectors.
Thyamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:22 AM   #7

Welcome and congrats on the new rig!!!!

As mentioned, fuse/breaker panel is near the floor in the kitchen area most of the time. May have a fuse or two at the battery.

Tv brand is your choice. How much do you want to spend and what will fit? Reception may not be the best so I suggest a dvd player also....

Is there a spot for the radio and it was removed (what it sounds like)? The use of an aftermarket car radio may require some custom work to mount it. Or what about a decent bluetooth speaker if you have a smart phone/ipod/mp3 player??? Gives the choice of taking outside, down to the beach, around home use, etc....

Did you get a wdh with the tt? If not, highly suggest getting one. If so, regardless if you bought from a dealer or private owner, you should double check the wdh adjustment once you have the tt all loaded up for a trip. Dealer only sets up the hitch for an empty trailer, and if a private owner they had the wdh set up for their tv (tow vehicle), not yours.... Follow my signature links for a ton of wdh info if needed.

Is this your first tt? If so, make sure you have a good sewer hose kit (inspect it if you got one from a private owner, buy a bettering one if from a dealer starter kit), white fresh water hose, 30amp extension cord, 50amp make to 30amp female adapter, 15amp male to 30amp female adapter to plug in to cool the fridge (may not be enough to start the a/c though), boards/blocks for leveling the tt (I use 2x10's, others use the "lego blocks"), wheel chocks, possibly a surge/electrical protector, and I know I may be missing some stuff....

When running the fridge have the tt as level as possible, it is better for the fridge.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!!!

Have fun!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote