Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-19-2015, 05:32 AM   #1

Help, Advice Needed...

I picked up my new 19RD this past Friday from Des Moines RV. I live in Colorado, purchased through RV Direct. They did a great walkthrough/demo. I even scheduled a night stay at Adel Fairgrounds 9 miles outside of Des Moines to make sure all was OK. If I did find issues I could take it back to Des Moines RV on Saturday to have things fixed. Well yesterday I noticed light inside the frame of the bed window. I went out to see if the window wasn't quite centered and this is what I found...

See pictures in next post. Pictures on phone so had to use Tapatalk... :|

Your probably thinking you or the dealer should have seen this, well, during the day, it is a dark hole and actually looks like part of the graphics. The real question is, how did the person that installed the window let this be??? He/She is the only one that knew 100% that this issue existed and just let it be...

I sent an email to service@jayco.com late last night so we'll see what they say.

This is my first hard sided camper, had a 2013 Jayco PUP, so only been into camping in trailers for 2 years. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:34 AM   #2

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432035272236.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	18160Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432035287008.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	18161
Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 AM   #3

Dang, man... must have been a Friday afternoon when they installed that window. Besides the email, I'd call Jayco and talk to someone. Also make Des Moines RV aware and let them work with Jayco on your behalf. Keep us up to date on what Jayco says please.

BTW, I have to head up there in the next two weeks... how was that campground?

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #4

$20 a night for a full hookup sight and was quiet. Good enough for me. It was late when we arrived and first thing in the morning we headed home so couldn't tell you more.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:01 AM   #5

Aw man, that stinks. I hate having to go back to get things fixed on my new stuff! Hope dealer/jayco trip over themselves to resolve issue.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Aw man, that stinks. I hate having to go back to get things fixed on my new stuff! Hope dealer/jayco trip over themselves to resolve issue.
Well, I will not be traveling 768 miles one way to "take it back" but the nearest Jayco dealer I am willing to take it to is in Pueblo, 3.5 hours away. Had a bad experience with Camping World with my last pop up, and they are 1.5 hours away. I just hope Jayco comes through!

Any one have experience with Zabukovic dealer in Pueblo???
Old 05-20-2015, 08:36 AM   #7

As a matter of fact, I was able to have warranty work done at Zabukovic on our Eagle which we bought at Thompson Family RV in Davenport, a thousand miles from our Colorado home. I had forgotten all about that until your post. Zabukovic is "only" a hundred miles from us. They were helpful and at the time I didn't even know they were going out of their way, as I've since learned most dealers will only do warranty work on units that they sold. If we buy another Jayco we'll give them every opportunity to gain our business.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote