Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #21

Thanks to all who posted suggestions about draining low points into a bucket or running RV antifreeze into grey and black water tanks. Your suggestions are immensely appreciated by this RV/TT novice.

QUESTION:
I queried the local Air Force Base RV park about renting a full-hook up space to de-winterize. The Air Force Base RV park was adamant that "maintenance" is prohibited at their RV park. I cannot de-winterize in our HOA. How do you experienced RV people de-winterize if you are unable to de-winterize where you store your RV?
Arctic Bos'un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #22

Go to full hook up RV site for your first outing of the season and de-winterize as you set up. Maybe just a weekend getaway for first trip to get all set for the season?

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
Go to full hook up RV site for your first outing of the season and de-winterize as you set up. Maybe just a weekend getaway for first trip to get all set for the season?
Thank your advice makes total sense to me. The RV park at the local military base does have full hook ups. My plan was to do exactly as you recommended. The RV park employee that I spoke with on the phone denied my full-hook up reservation request. The employee cited a policy that prohibits 'maintenance' on RVs at their RV camp. I asked for clarification. My opinion is that de-winterizing does not qualify as 'maintenance.' The RV park employee was adamant that de-winterizing is considered prohibited maintenance of RVs.

As a RV/TT novice, I am left wondering if it is common practice at RV parks to consider de-winterizing as prohibited maintenance.
Arctic Bos'un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Bos'un View Post
Thank your advice makes total sense to me. The RV park at the local military base does have full hook ups. My plan was to do exactly as you recommended. The RV park employee that I spoke with on the phone denied my full-hook up reservation request. The employee cited a policy that prohibits 'maintenance' on RVs at their RV camp. I asked for clarification. My opinion is that de-winterizing does not qualify as 'maintenance.' The RV park employee was adamant that de-winterizing is considered prohibited maintenance of RVs.

As a RV/TT novice, I am left wondering if it is common practice at RV parks to consider de-winterizing as prohibited maintenance.
I would put this in the category of don't ask - don't tell.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHerzog View Post
I would put this in the category of don't ask - don't tell.
Agreed. I've 'de-winterized' 3 times so far this year. Once in front of my house, once at the storage lot, and once in a state park. It's easy to stay under the radar... very easy. Honestly the only way anyone would have a clue that you are de winterizing is if they happen to see a little pink water coming out of your outdoor shower when you flush that line. Everything else is invisible to common observation.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:37 PM   #26

Low point drains are for draining the water from the lowest point of the line. Usually for prepping for the upcoming winter. Low point drains are not used to flush a system. Flush it into your grey tank. Drain the grey tank.
vboyd is offline   Reply With Quote