Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #1

Help me make up my mind!

Hello! We are down to our two favorites. I have two questions.
1. Which one would you choose and why?
2. What is a good price to expect to pay for it? We live in Washington state if location effects price at all.

Our choices are either a 2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH OR a 2017 Jayco Jayflight SLX 242BHSW.

2017 Jay Feather by Jayco Jay Feather 25BH for sale in Chehalis, WA | Baydo's RV (800) 422-2642

2017 Jay Flight by Jayco Jay Flight SLX 242BHSW for sale in Chehalis, WA | Baydo's RV (800) 422-2642

Thank you!
CharlesandKaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #2

We have the jay feather 25bh. We bought it in Sept when the slx 242 was not at dealers but on the jayco website. We chose the jay feather because of the weight, the outside kitchen and the floorplan. We wanted a sofa and a dinette. You should expect to pay around 30% off of msrp. I think destination to the west coast will be more. We paid $19k out the door

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #3

C&K,

I live in Seatac. Before buying from Baydo's or anywhere else, check the price at Valley RV in Kent and also Blade RV in Mt. Vernon. I only state this as I had dealings with both of the former before we bought our White Hawk from Blade. You can get quotes from all three and then let that help you decide where to buy.

The price quoted by Baydo's is the suggested retail price. You should get 20 to 30% off of that.

And, if your tow vehicle has the capacity, the Jay Flight!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #4

Lets compare them.

Front bedroom is basically the same. Both RV short queens with double doors and you can't walk around the foot. So that is a wash.

Do you prefer the U shaped dinette or a love seat and separate dinette? This is really personal preference. I liked the separate seating as it seemed like more people had seating facing the TV with the sofa and dinette. We are a family of 4 and not everyone could see it in the U shaped dinette. The rest of the kitchen is about a wash.

Bath and bunks are the same for the most part so I would call that a wash.

Outside we have the kitchen which is basically the same. The fridge swaps sides but that is nothing. Not sure there is an outdoor ladder option on the Jay Flight. That is one thing I like about the new camper.

Weight wise they are pretty close. The 25BH is 6750 GVWR and the 26BHSW is 7000.

Cost wise I think the 25BH might come in a little higher.

We bought ours in Feb at the RV Show. It has the following options.

Outdoor kitchen
Exterior Ladder
BBQ
Aluminum Wheels
Insulated/enclosed belly
Tri-fold Sofa
32" TV
Sink Covers
15K AC Unit
Power tongue jack

Basically every option except the power vent in kitchen (really wish it was there) and bike rack.

MSRP is just shy of $29K + Delivery charges. We paid $21K after tax, title, license. That was at the RV Show which may be better price than if we walked in this weekend. The one we bought had the most options. Interestingly enough many had fewer options like the jackknife sofa rather than tri-fold and they were the same price even though that is a $595 (MSPR) option. We thought the Tri-fold was more comfortable as a sofa than the jack knife. Probably will never use it as a bed.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #5

Wow, that is a great price! Was that for a 2017? They are saying $25,900 pre tax and license is their sale price. I would love to get the 25bh hands down, but really want to keep it under $20,000.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:04 PM   #6

Yeah brand new 2017. I was shocked that they had 5 units. All the same price. Even though options differed. They were all pretty well optioned out with the outdoor kitchen, BBQ, ladder, insulated belly, TV, power jack, 15k AC and such. The main difference was colors and some had tri-fold where others had the base jackknife sofa.

I forget the other Jay Feather that we were looking at. 23BHM I think. Something like that. The one with the Murphy bed in front. That was the same price. We were thinking that was a way to shed some weight but it wasn't much lighter and for the same money we got a bedroom and a TV that spins around. Oh I think that one had a second exterior door to the bath, single bunks and no outdoor kitchen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #7

I should add that at the RV shows I think they get special incentives from Jayco so they might have a bit more wiggle room. Also ours seemed to have the most options for the same price. However ours was also the one being shown at the RV show so it had a few thousand people climbing all over it. I have to say I looked it over at the show and noted a few things. The dealer said they spend a full 8 hrs on each show RV to recondition it before delivery. Everything I noted at the show was corrected when we did the PDI and I didn't tell them what I saw. I still haven't found anything wrong with it and I have been going over stuff in the driveway. Just this weekend I ripped out the mouse hole for the power cord, replacing it with twist lock outlet and installed the Progressive Industries internal EMS. I mounted the remote display in the outdoor kitchen.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
I should add that at the RV shows I think they get special incentives from Jayco so they might have a bit more wiggle room. Also ours seemed to have the most options for the same price. However ours was also the one being shown at the RV show so it had a few thousand people climbing all over it. I have to say I looked it over at the show and noted a few things. The dealer said they spend a full 8 hrs on each show RV to recondition it before delivery. Everything I noted at the show was corrected when we did the PDI and I didn't tell them what I saw. I still haven't found anything wrong with it and I have been going over stuff in the driveway. Just this weekend I ripped out the mouse hole for the power cord, replacing it with twist lock outlet and installed the Progressive Industries internal EMS. I mounted the remote display in the outdoor kitchen.

There just happens to be a show this coming weekend that we are planning to attend. Hopefully there will be some great sales.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:56 AM   #9

I would reccomend buying from Blade RV because I bought mine at RV super center and they are sharks plus the service department manager is a complete jerk. You can read many horror stories of both service and sales...so beware. Here is a link to my story with RV Supercenter:

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...bie-39580.html

However, I bought the WH 25BHS and we love it so much. Sometimes I think I wish I had a couch but I have read so many forums about the dinette falling apart due to the weak back. The one without the couch has a much larger dinette which it great. What we do is on most hot summer getaways we just take out the table to give it a much more open concept which works way better than having a couch. We never use the table when the weather outside is good because we play all our games and eat out at the picnic table. If the weather is bad then we keep the table inside.

As for the price I don't have much input other than I paid 27,500 for my WH and the MSRP was 34k and we got every upgrade except the AC unit.

Good luck and remember that price is not everything because ALL trailers have issues not matter what, so you will be using your warranty and service department is the one you will deal with a lot more that the salesperson who you will most likely never see again once the deal is done. The suckiest thing that service does is what I call "holding your trailer hostage". Because I took my trailer for the first check up just fixing minor things and putting a awning over my slide out. He said it would be done in a week with no problem. Well a month later he gave it back to me the night before my first big camping trip. No calls on status and he knew I needed for my trip...it was so stressful. Then I took it to Blade RV who took such great care of me and they actually of what they say.

Take care and whatever choice you make it will be a good one because they are both great trailers.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesandKaty View Post
There just happens to be a show this coming weekend that we are planning to attend. Hopefully there will be some great sales.
Did you goto the Puyallup RV show? Well did you walk away with a trailer? I know if it was me I would of had a hard time not buying the trailer at the show

Give us a update with some pics
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #11

By rule of thumb, Dealer cost is around 35% of suggested retail, these units can be had at around 30% under that.

We got ours 321 RSTS at 30% under MSRP

Get the one that you liked first!
Puddle Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:15 AM   #12

I never bought one at a show, you won't find the best price there. I go to shows just to look and feel the floorplans, then decide what I want and order it. Get a quote from a wholesaler such as RVDirect first, then walk into your local dealer with that that info. or just buy from the wholesaler. We purchased our 2017 White Hawk 28DSBH for 34% under ACTUAL MSRP.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #13

We did go to the rv show yesterday. Unfortunately there were not very many bunkhouses in the size we were looking for. Still contemplating. We want to make the right choice so we aren't shopping again in a few years. Still liking the Jay Feather 25bh, Jay Flight SLX 242bhsw, Passport 2400BH, and the Bullet 243bhs. Thanks for your tips on dealers. We are hoping to buy from Baydos in Chehalis if we end up with Jayco. We like to stay local as much as possible.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnnew View Post
I never bought one at a show, you won't find the best price there. I go to shows just to look and feel the floorplans, then decide what I want and order it. Get a quote from a wholesaler such as RVDirect first, then walk into your local dealer with that that info. or just buy from the wholesaler. We purchased our 2017 White Hawk 28DSBH for 34% under ACTUAL MSRP.
Yes, the rv show prices were less than impressive.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesandKaty View Post
Yes, the rv show prices were less than impressive.
The rv or boat shows are hoping for an emotional impulse buyer to show up and sign the papers on the spot. I never was impressed with show pricing.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
The rv or boat shows are hoping for an emotional impulse buyer to show up and sign the papers on the spot. I never was impressed with show pricing.
Spot on!

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:00 PM   #17

Furniture quality might be one of the real differences here. We picked ours knowing it was a bit more of a entry model based on the idea the kids would beat the snot out of it for the next 7-10 years. We chose lower price point with the idea that the overall savings would still justify our means.
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #18

25 BH is the winner! We should have delivery this weekend.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #19

Wow that was fast!!
Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:43 PM   #20

We ended up making a deal with our local dealer. I'm happy to be done shopping and get out and enjoy our new trailer!