Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #1

Help with 19BH Shower

Took our brand new 18' 19BH out for its first voyage and having trouble with the shower.

The inside tub will not empty. Gray tank is empty, kitchen faucet sink empties just fine but if I put the littlest water in the bath tub, it just sits there with no draining.

Only way I get it to empty is if I flip the low drain on outside the trailer and then it empties to the ground but can not get it to enter into gray tank? Any idea?

Thanks so much for your help. This has been a great site and first time posting with a problem!
buckslivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #2

Have you taken the small strainer in the tub out and looked into it with a flashlight?

If there is a blockage or you can't see one but maybe around a corner try this gadget you can get at any hardware store for a couple bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Vastar-Drain-...r+removal+tool

I didn't notice if this is the first use of the tub. If it is have you investigated the piping to see if it was poorly made.

If there is a hard obstruction the drain tool will at least tell you how far down the pipe it is.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #3

Sounds like a plugged drain line to the tank, probably came from the factory that way. I would fill the tub and use a toilet plunger several times, if that doesn't clear it buy a small plumbers snake and run it down the drain, push it in as far as you can while twisting it to try and clear whatever is in there.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote