Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #1

Hi ho hi hi back to the dealer we go.

4th trip to the dealer in the few months I've owned my 26bh.This trip the whole entry door is being replaced(dealer tech drilled a hole in the door frame).A/c is not working(compressior dosnt even try to kick in),cracked decal on driver side,water fill hose is to long(have to have someone hold it downward to fill from under the couch),step light isn't working,missing screws in bathroom fan assembly,black water flush leaking under bathroom sink,off position on shower head isn't working,and the Velcro pulled off the wall on one of the dinette cushions.

Hopefully after this trip it will all be good(atleast for a while).
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #2

Wow! I had some minor issues I was able to resolve myself but nothing like what you are experiencing. Hope all goes will and that is the end of your problems!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #3

Dealer warranty repairs

Sorry you are having so many issues.

We were a little dismayed when we brought our x18D home in April, only to discover all three canvas ends were mold & mildew damaged. Dealer ordered three new ends AND mattresses and had them replaced two weeks later.

Fingers crossed that you have a helluva dealer there to take care of you quickly to get you back to the campground quickly!!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #4

The above is nothing most of it got resolved on pervious trips.Also have a few more things I fixed myself.There is also one more major thing I'm not going to worry about till after camping season.The front cap has some bubble in the fiberglass that I believe are delamination.Ill contact Jayco direct about that issue later this year.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #5

As for the water fill, my hose was to long also, but the real problem was when I was filling the tank, water leaked out the connection between the tank and hose. I suggest you check yours. I have purchased 3 travel trailers in my life. and all three had a leak at this connection. I took the connection off, coated it with silicone, and re-attached the hose (a half inch shorter).

The shower shut off is a dribble valve style. The valve does not shut off, it only slows the flow to a dribble. This is a regulation so there is nothing wrong with it.

2015 Starcraft Travel Star 299BHU Black Pearl Edition
2011 Jayco X23J (traded in)
2013 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew 6.2 Max Tow
7700 GVWR 3.73 E-locker
tslarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrenZ71 View Post
4th trip to the dealer in the few months I've owned my 26bh.This trip the whole entry door is being replaced(dealer tech drilled a hole in the door frame).A/c is not working(compressior dosnt even try to kick in),cracked decal on driver side,water fill hose is to long(have to have someone hold it downward to fill from under the couch),step light isn't working,missing screws in bathroom fan assembly,black water flush leaking under bathroom sink,off position on shower head isn't working,and the Velcro pulled off the wall on one of the dinette cushions.

Hopefully after this trip it will all be good(atleast for a while).
Sounds like mine. Gravity fill hose wasn't attached under couch, screws missing in fan, black tank flush back flow valve leaked, Velcro on cushions... Our units must have been back to back on the line and put together by the same lazy people..
Skaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
Sounds like mine. Gravity fill hose wasn't attached under couch, screws missing in fan, black tank flush back flow valve leaked, Velcro on cushions... Our units must have been back to back on the line and put together by the same lazy people..
Build date on mine per the sticker by the tire label is 04/15 check yours and see if its the same.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaling View Post
... Our units must have been back to back on the line and put together by the same lazy people..
You Blaspheme the Amish!
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote