Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #31
I put the RAS on this weekend. Installation was SUPER easy. It took longer to jack up the truck and take the wheels off than to install the parts. Especially since I have a leaky hydraulic jack There are two levels of adjustment; 25% overload and 40% overload. Not entirely sure what exactly that means, but I wasn't looking for anything dramatic, so I went with the lower 25% overload (adjustment is quite easily accomplished with a ratchet and a wrench).

I haven't towed with it yet, but I can still see/feel some some changes. The rear of the truck is 1" higher than stock (unexpected, but not altogether bad... or good...). As for handling, it definitely rolls less. I noticed a significant difference on the first turn I took; the truck nosed right in where I wanted it to go with A LOT less slop. So that was nice. Empty handling on the highway was virtually unchanged from what I could tell; she still rides pretty good. Wheel hop seems to be diminished, and bumps seem to be a little less severe; but that could be false perception. I had some bags of dirt and gardening supplies in the bed (maybe 300 lbs all together?) and the truck seemed to settle in just a little nicer than before, but that wasn't really enough load to make any solid determinations. If I had a load of dirt back there, or had the trailer hooked up, that might be a bit different, so I'll just have to wait and see...

So far, I'm very satisfied, but I'm anxious to hook up the trailer and setup the hitch (again...) to see if I got the results I was looking for. I'll put a fresh post in the towing forums after I do that and tow a little bit with it...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote