Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #1

Hot Top Bunk Fan Mod

When camping in 90+ degree weather the top bunk gets stuffy and hot even when the AC is on full blast. I wish there was a roof fan or a just a simple vent. I think you can put one in but I'm not ready to pay or cut into the roof myself just yet.

So I found a mini tower fan at the goodwill for less than $5 and mounted it on the wall next to the outlet. This way my son can move the air around and cool it down quicker in the evening time. The main living area seems to stay prettt cool but the top bunk just gets to warm and stuffy. We have had various small fans you can clip on it set on the little shelf but they couldn't push the air around to make that big of difference. This blows real hard with 2 settings and it is oscillating. Pretty good easy to connect to the stud in the wall and it only put a couple of small holes in the wall that if removed can be easily fixed.

What have others done to cool down inside the bunk area? Or am I the only one with this problem? Wish they would of put a roof vent or an AC duct line over the top bunk.

Tap on the photo to turn it the right way. ??

Happy camping!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0933.JPG   IMG_0935.JPG   IMG_0936.JPG  
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #2

Good job!
On our 26bh it's the opposite. The bottom bunk is the sauna. No AC vent at all. In my case placing the fan across the way on the bath vanity seems to work best since it pulls some of the cooler air from the main living area into the stuffy bottom bunk.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote