Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #1

How do I know what options I have?

We bought a 2015 Jay Flight 23 MBH about 6 weeks ago. The salesman told us that it had an 80 gal fresh water tank...which it does not. We are now wondering about the other things he told us. One of the main things that we were looking for was that it was 4 season. I would assume this means the insulation package from looking at the website now? How would I know if this was included?
stansclan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #2

They should have given you a copy of the MSRP sheet(sticker) and it lists all the options. Both the larger water tank and the thermal package are options. The only other way would be "E" mail JAYCO with the vin number and ask them if the dealer won't give you the "sticker". Every RV I've bought or ordered came with a copy of the sticker or order sheet.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #3
Site Team

Apparently you must have the "Elite Package" to get the 82 gallon tank. 44 is standard. They should have given you a "build sheet" which shows the standard and optional features you have on your trailer. The "Thermal Package" would have the added insulation and enclosed under belly. An email to Jayco with your VIN may get you a copy of the build sheet.

WEIGHTS
Unloaded Vehicle Weight (lbs) 5,045
Dry Hitch Weight (lbs) 590
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (lbs) 7,250
Cargo Carrying Capacity (lbs) 2,205
MEASUREMENTS
Exterior Length 26' 11"
Exterior Width 96"
Exterior Height with A/C 134"
Interior Height 81"
Murphy Bed 60 x 74
Bunk Beds 28 x 73
Sofa 42 x 64
Wheel Base 206-5/8"
TANK CAPACITIES
Fresh Water Capacity (gals) includes water heater 44
Fresh Water Capacity (gals) includes water heater & opt. Elite Package fresh water tank 82
Gray Waste Water Capacity (gals) 39
Black Waste Water Capacity (gals) 39
OTHER
Sleeping Capacity 4-6
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Ok, I see Grumpy beat me to it by a minute....
Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #5

They did not give us a copy of the MSRP sheet. I didn't realize this until after we had bought it and brought it home.

We are first time buyers of a travel trailer and have liked what we bought overall (have been out twice), but finding that he lied to us is making us look a little deeper at this point. I have thought about going back to the dealer and asking for the sheet (probably will)...but I don't trust them anymore and want to find out from another source also.

We definitely did not get the elite package. The one package that we could have cared less about is the technology package. We have that one.

If the underbelly is enclosed, does that mean that the "thermal package" was included? (The underbelly is enclosed.)
Old 08-03-2014, 07:14 PM   #6
Site Team

This is Jayco`s description of the thermal package. "Thermal Package
Insulated, heated and enclosed underbelly, foil insulation in roof and slideout floors".

I know mine does not have this option and I can see the tanks, because my underbelly is not enclosed.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:27 PM   #7

That makes me feel a little better. The underbelly is definitely enclosed. I'm just not seeing how it is heated--the heat ducts for the furnace are in the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.

The larger fresh water tank was not something we were asking for, it was just something he mentioned at some point. The colder weather set up is something we actually asked for.

I think I'll find the VIN number and send an email tomorrow...thanks for all your help.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #8

Not sure how cold you are planning to camp -- but the Thermal Package does not constitute what I would consider to be a 4-season trailer. Simple having single pane windows would let me know I would want to be out in freezing temps.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansclan89 View Post
That makes me feel a little better. The underbelly is definitely enclosed. I'm just not seeing how it is heated--the heat ducts for the furnace are in the kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
On my new White Hawk, there is a heater hose going through the floor right out of the furnace in the furnace compartment. We have the optional Glacier package.

As far as 4 season is concerned, I don''t believe that any of these trailers are usable for winter use or any time where overnight temps get below freezing except on rare occasions and only to just below freezing. The wall and window insulation is too low and there will be a lot of condensation on the windows, aluminum window frames and the walls where the aluminum wall studs are.
RVer-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote