Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #1

How do you play a video on the Jensen AWM965?

Hello.

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this, however, could someone please explain how to play a video DVD with the Jensen AWM965? Our dealer told us it was possible, however, after reading the manual, and connecting up a LED television, I can't seem to show the video. I do hear the audio through the built in speakers, however, how does the video signal get from the radio to the television? I tried hooking up the RCA red, blue and white cables into the radio (input jack...yes I know it's not output...)and to the back of the tv but that doesn't work.

As well, when I go into "Settings" with the Remote Control, I can't get into any options...it just stays with "Settings" on the display screen of the radio.

I must be missing something.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
OttawaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #2

On the back of the Jensen there is supposed to be a yellow video cable which is the video out put. Its supposed to come out through a grommet where the TV shelf is. There are a lot of posts here where owners of new Jaycos have NO cables coming out where there TV shelf is. We fortunately do, and all the photos I've seen of the X20E do too.

There is a customer service contact form on Jayco's website. Contact them and complain. They will respond and they may even call you. I got a call back about the crappy table legs they put on removal dinettes now.

http://www.jayco.com/pages/about/contact_service.php
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #3

If your TV has an HDMI input there is also an HDMI output on the back to the Jensen. That way you will get your video and audio through one cable. I haven't used it but you will need to tinker around a bit to find out which button will activate the HDMI output on the Jensen. Then you will need to set your TV to activate the HDMI input on it. HTH
Old 06-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #4

Just throwing this out there.... Depending on the TV you may need to use the menu button on your remote or tv itself. Most menu settings have options that need to be changed from one setting to the next. example.... If I want to watch satellite tv I need to take my tv from the DVD setting and change it to sattelite setting or vise versa. Also there might be an AUX button on the Jensen dvd player that you may need to use . That might change the settings on the dvd player itself. Just one more thing.... standard RCA cable is normally white , red and yellow..... yellow is video.

HTH a little

Cheers
Old 06-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrumfield View Post
If your TV has an HDMI input there is also an HDMI output on the back to the Jensen.
The AWM965 does not have an HDMI port. The 975 does. From what I've been able to figure out, if your Jayco was built in late 2012 or early 2013 it has the 965. If was built later it has the 975. The 965 also has no headphone jack.

One other thing to note about the 965 is that the the red and white audio jacks on the back of it are in-puts, not out-puts. If you want to use the RCA audio cables as out- puts you will need to put a speaker level to line convertor to convert the unused "B" channel speaker leads to line level. The convertor is about $20.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
The AWM965 does not have an HDMI port. The 975 does. From what I've been able to figure out, if your Jayco was built in late 2012 or early 2013 it has the 965. If was built later it has the 975. The 965 also has no headphone jack.

One other thing to note about the 965 is that the the red and white audio jacks on the back of it are in-puts, not out-puts. If you want to use the RCA audio cables as out- puts you will need to put a speaker level to line convertor to convert the unused "B" channel speaker leads to line level. The convertor is about $20.
My bad. I thought mine was a 965 but I just looked and it is indeed a 975 ergo my help was for naught. Sorry.