Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #1

How long does it take for your dealer to get warranty parts from Jayco?

So I am returning for our first warranty checklist. There were two parts that needed to be ordered from deliver.
One door seal that was damaged and the small counter top between the chairs had a chip.
It has been about 6 weeks and our dealer just told me the parts are not in yet.
Whats your experience? Is it the dealer or Jayco?
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #2

Twice in the first year of ownership, I had to take the TT back to the dealer for warranty work. Both times the delivery took three to six weeks but that also included the approval process from Jayco.

Good luck.
WhiteHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

I think this time of year could be busy too because of everyone using their TT and finding problems here and there that require warranty parts. Just a guess.

I live in Michigan about 45 Minutes from the Jayco Factory. Last August we ordered a 24FBS with aluminum rims. Delivery day was September 27, our TT showed up without the aluminum rims. The dealer had to order them from Jayco. I didn't get them until november 7th. I could have drove there and got the rims, but it had the go through the "process"
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:35 AM   #4

Thanks, it has been 6 weeks so I guess it is right on target.
It seems excessive to take two months to get a part in todays world but with the volume of TT's that they sell and possible issues I am sure it is a major job to supply all of these specialty parts.
Chrislorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #5

2 weeks outside the warranty expiration date one of the strings on a blind broke. I called the dealer and they referred me to Jayco directly since the warranty had expired. Jayco sent me the replacement blind at no charge. It was a total of 2 weeks from when I first called my dealer until the new blind arived in the mail.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #6

Finally took my 2014 WHawk to dealer for warrantee work at the end of the 2 years. I first contacted them and then at their request I email them pics of the major items. They forwarded the pics on to Jayco with my email explaining the issues. 3 weeks later I received word from the dealer that Jayco had approved all the items under warrantee. I took the TT in the following week and they had it for 2 weeks to do the repairs which included striping and repainting the front cap.

The secret to minimizing the time you are w/o your RV is to get everything pre authorized. That way you can continue to use your unit. If your dealer does not suggest it, you need to ask them about sending pics.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 AM   #7
Site Team

My experience is it depends. Many items are not stocked and have to be ordered by Jayco from suppliers before shipping to the dealer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:44 AM   #8

It took 6 weeks for me to get a brand new grey tank on my new trailer.
perestrelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:05 AM   #9

Dealer ordered a part from Jayco back in June. The part arrived, but woops - they sent the wrong part. Still have not received the correct part.
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #10

We picked up our new rig in mid June from the local dealer and it had a window valance that was damaged. The dealer said that he would get the part ordered and notify us when it came in. I called to check on the part 2 weeks ago and they had never order the replacement. I went to the dealer last week and personally stood there while the part was ordered. I called them yesterday to check on delivery and was told that the current ship date was September 2. I was told that Jayco had to order the part from the OEM. My take is that Jayco only has 3 maybe 4 color schemes surely they have one in stock for other units to be manufactured. They could have sent one from their current inventory and replaced it with the one they had to order.....not really happy but, I will get over it.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:44 AM   #11

The dealer has to get approval from Jayco first. Then he has to order the parts, then once you bring your RV in you do not go to the front of the line, most of the time they had mine for about 4 weeks. I asked them to order the part and let me know when it comes in and I will bring my RV in then and have it installed. I would rather have it at my place then sitting in their yard where I cannot use it. But I was told it had to be on their property. What a crock!!

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote