Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
We used 2x4's and 1x4's for over 20 years to level our tent trailers. This year we got a hard sided TT and bought some Andersen levelers to use with it. We love them. They are so much easier to use. We'll never go back to the other way. The video posted by ghuffman3 is a good one to show how they work.

blsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
I had the same problem on my first outing. On the way home we stopped at Camping World and picked up a few items. One of which was a pair of stick on levels calibrated in inches. These levels tell you exactly how many inches you need to add under the low side to get level.

When we got home. I leveled the trailer using a 4 foot level on the inside floor. Once it was perfectly level, I stuck on the calibrated levels on the back corner of the trailer near the utility storage where I keep my jacking blocks. My blocks are exactly 1" thick so I can look at the bubble and see how many inches it is out of level left to right before I unhook the tow vehicle. I stack my blocks in front of or behind the wheel on the side that needs raise and run the trailer up onto the blocks. Chock the wheels and I'm half way done. Once I disconnect, I can raise or lower the front end as needed to level front to rear.

My only regret is that I didn't put the front tot rear level near the front so I can see when to stop cranking the jack. With the level at the back, it takes two people or numerous trips between the jack and the back of the trailer to get level front to rear.

2011 Skylark 21FKV
us71na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:39 PM   #13
Just another type of leveling bubble......I attached mine on the A frame by electric jack and coupler.....I can glance at it before unhooking and it reads the same way as the one in the post above...add by the inch on the low side and then unhook.....level front to back with electric jack and I'm all done.

Hopkins 09715 Hitch Level....Amazon...approx. $17.
Attached Thumbnails

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #14
Originally Posted by ghuffman3 View Post

I just started using the Andersen levelers, I love them. When we got our new camper I didn't want to haul around a bunch of 2x6's, so far these have worked really well. Here is a short YouTube video. Hope this helps
I've used wood block and the Lynx levelers. They can be a real PITA. I just checked out this video and I will be buying the Anderson levelers the first chance I get.

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi 4.10
2015 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
2009 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 256RKS
2007 Jayflight 20BH
1997 Fleetwood Cheyenne PUP
1984 Rockwood 1080 - PUP 1969 Coleman PUP
gcloss is offline   Reply With Quote

fridge, level