Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 PM   #21

I use a torpedo level as well as stick on levels (to get ball park). I use the torpedo level in the driverside front cargo hatch, since that is where I store all my level blocks, wheel chocks, and hitch tools.

I have noticed that side to side level is affected by putting out the slide.

a friend of mine levels his trailer by using a hydraulic jack between the wheels in lieu of wheel blocks. jack up the side that is low, lower the stabilizers, and enjoy the weekend.

Tim
2008 26BHS j-flight II
2010 RAM CCLB 2500
Reese strait-line hitch.
DW, 5 kids, and a dog.
tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #22

My Father ised a neverfade level (left) on the front of his TT (once leveled with level on floor and counter) for over 17 yrs with no issues. I have a jumbolevel on the front of my FW and my TT(below - w/out brackets on TT) before that and now use one on my new unit. works great and easy to see from TV when pulling or backing into site.
jco83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #23

I use a torpedo level and I check for level in the bottom of the freezer as well as the floor.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #24

You either like your Jayco or dislike it. If you purchased your Jayco for the factory help you were having a nightmare. Here is where you go for help.
ninjahbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeos View Post
Got a 2015 Jayflight 26RLS. Trying to level the TT front to back for towing and camp set up.
I notice that a small level on the TT hitch does not agree with the 4' level on the floor of the TT.
What method should be used to get her level ??
Mike
I have the stick on cheapy for front to back mounted between the axles. On the front I have the Hoppy with the numbers on the sides of it for left to right level and determining how many lynx blocks I'm going to use. Those who state to use 3' level placed inside the camper at the middle of the wheels l 2 R and front to back and that you should be on level ground to start with, I would agree with. However there's that level ground to start with caveat. At many of the hardware/ home centers you will find something called an inclinometer(Empire makes one) . It's a disc about 4" diameter with two perpendicular sides( 1 magnetic) and a plumb bob pointer. The dial has 360 degree graduations. You can buy probably < $10. When you set the flat on any surface it will tell you in degrees how far you are off level or vertical for that matter, exactly where you are sitting. Using that offset compensation, stick your levels on mating up the straight surface of the levels... between the wheels and middle front of TT. Hope this doesn't confuse you and you find the stick on levels accurate and convenient
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeos View Post
Got a 2015 Jayflight 26RLS. Trying to level the TT front to back for towing and camp set up.
I notice that a small level on the TT hitch does not agree with the 4' level on the floor of the TT.
What method should be used to get her level ??
Mike
I have the stick on cheapy for front to back mounted between the axles. On the front I have the Hoppy with the numbers on the sides of it for left to right level and determining how many lynx blocks I'm going to use. Those who state to use 3' level placed inside the camper at the middle of the wheels l 2 R and front to back and that you should be on level ground to start with, I would agree with. However there's that level ground to start with caveat. At many of the hardware/ home centers you will find something called an inclinometer(Empire makes one) . It's a disc about 4" diameter with two perpendicular sides( 1 magnetic) and a plumb bob pointer. The dial has 360 degree graduations. You can buy probably < $10. When you set the flat on any surface it will tell you in degrees how far you are off level or vertical for that matter, exactly where you are sitting. Using that offset compensation, stick your levels on mating up the straight surface of the levels... between the wheels and middle front of TT. Hope this doesn't confuse you and you find the stick on levels accurate and convenient
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote