Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #11
jwstewar--- Do you have any fuel problems when you add the extra 10' of hose? Larry

Larry & Rachel Demers 2010 19H, 1999 F250 std cab 5.4, Auto, 4:10's 4x4
19H F250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
It takes it a few seconds to get the gas to the grill, but once it gets there it works fine. Not much difference really than trying to get gas to the water heater after both tanks have been disconnected.

jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 AM   #13
I recently scored a Blue Rhino tabletop grill marked down from $39 to $5 (gloat) because it was missing the regulator/control knob where the throwaway cylinder attaches. I ran a 1/4" NPT tap into the burner, made an orifice out of a 3/8" brass bolt with a #61 drill hole in it and threaded the inside of a 1/4" close nip ple to accept the orifice "bolt". Next I assembled the orifice nip ple to a 1/4 turn brass valve and then a 3/8" flare male connector. I ran this assembly into the hole I tapped in the burner and wa-la I have a functional gas grill on the cheap. If your supply off the trailer already feeds stuff like the stove or the furnace, then it is regulated for use in a grill or camp stove that plugs into the outdoor quick connect. Do not run the supply into any device without a properly sized orifice!!

The male quick connector on my gas hose that I used on my previous RV wouldn't fit properly in the QD on my new RV. I hade to face off the tip of the plug as it was too long and bottomed out before the locking bearings would engage the groove. If I remember correctly, I got the male plug at an RV dealer.

Disclaimer: If you blow up your TT or are burned beyond recognition, it's your own fault.

2006 23B Hybrid with 10k round bar WDH
2011 F150 4x4 SCREW Ecoboost, Max Tow, Integrated TBC, 3.73 LS axle, Firestone Ride Rite airbags.
mcfarmall is offline   Reply With Quote