Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #1

idaes on what to do with front closet in 338 rets

Ok guys anyone have any brilliant ideas on the front right lower closet where the washer and dryer hookup is if you aren't using a washer and dryer. I had to pull shelves and false back out of it to winterize and it is a whole lot deeper with out the false back in it. I don't want to have to unscrew the shelves every year to winterize and was thinking about building a box to house the pex hoses and fasten the hose outlets to and leaving the back and at least one shelf out... I would appreciate any and all ideas you might have thanks
Paintinfool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

There may not be any water in the lines (just air) if you haven't opened the washer dryer hookups and let them fill with water to begin with. Mine was filled with rv anti-freeze from the factory and that may be what is in them now. Another idea is that those water lines go through the front storage compartment on the passenger side and are just inside the access door. Maybe you could cut in a valve there to do the winterizing. I may do the same thing to mine as I am using a washing machine.
wwsmith111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #3

Well the lines had air in them and when i got them filled with antifreeze the pump shut off quicker than it ever did .... air wouldn't let it pump up solid
Old 11-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #4

Air in those lines aids in the way the pump works. It acts like a air bladder and you can run a bit of water without the pump kicking on. Those lnes should drain from the low point drains.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Maybe you could plug them off or put a valve in where they tee off at the source. I'm not sure where that is. You might have to drop the bottom plastic cover under the TT to see where they go. The other thing you could do, and this is maybe the simplest, is cut a hole big enough in the back panel (which is very thin stuff ) that covers up the washer dryer hook ups so that you can get to the valves to winterize when the shelves are it. You would not notice the hole since it is at the back of the cabinet if you use the shelves and it would be completely dark behind the hole. Then hook up two short pieces of water hose to each valve and route it through the hole in the floor into the front storage where you could pull it to the outside to drain. You could leave the two short hoses attached permanently and just push them up into the hole so they are out of the way when not in use. Or again, you could but is a valve and hose bib where the water lines go through the front storage now.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #6

well I thought if I could just build a box to house them and fasten them to I could just leave them exposed in the closet so I can get to them plus with the false back out of the closet there is a whole lot more depth in the closet ... I really want to leave the hookups in there so if I ever got to full timing I could use it
Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

I think you can unhook the water line hanger brackets where the water lines pass through the front storage and just pull them out from behind the cabinet into the front storage. At least it looks like I could do that with mine.