Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #1

I'm more confused than ever (and that's saying alot!!!!)

Hey everyone. We are BACK looking for a TT, and trading in our Class C. The choices are so overwhelming sometimes I can't seem to see straight. I have always been a fan of jayco, from my days of camping in a little pop up in the 60s....

Anyway, we stopped by a local dealer and the wife fell in love with the floorplan on a Forest River EVO 2050: http://www.barberrv.com/Inventory/Ve...les/California

Here is the part she loves. The center isle with the sink, and the amount of cabinets, etc. She also likes the drawer under the couch cushions facing out, making it easy to store things without lifting cushions every time

The TT is only 22' inside yet feels huge because it has 2 slides, opposite each other, really opening it up.

So, here's my challenge. I DON'T LIKE FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS :hihi: And, I'd really prefer to buy a Jayco. Can anyone tell me if Jayco offers a similar floorplan, if not with the center isle, then at least opposing slides???????
Oh, it's just the wife and I now that the boys are grown so don't need bunks....

Thanks for the help..
Attached Thumbnails
78c9d537-cd96-4c10-ac93-ebd7cc64f66e.jpg  
What2buy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

What2buy,

Welcome to the Jayco forums

What would be helpful is know what you will be using as a TV (tow vehicle), thus insuring that some of the recommendations would be a good match to your TV's capabilities.

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #3

There are opposing slide units within the Jayco assortment but many are over 30ft. So depending on the size of your TV and the size of TT you are willing to move into might limit your options in the Jayco assortment. Maybe a Jayflight 26 somthing with the island and bench seat? Only one slide though.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

Thanks everyone. We haven't purchased a TV yet, that will depend on what TT we buy, so that's not a problem. Have been looking at the F-150 Ecoboost with HD package. Then, if the TT is in the 6,000-8000lb range I should be OK.

There are so many TT choices from Jayco I've start getting blurred as to what is what. Just hoping some of you more knowledgeable folks know of some units I can have her look at when we drive out to the dealer.....who is about 2 1/2 hrs away. thanks
Old 07-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
There are opposing slide units within the Jayco assortment but many are over 30ft. So depending on the size of your TV and the size of TT you are willing to move into might limit your options in the Jayco assortment. Maybe a Jayflight 26 somthing with the island and bench seat? Only one slide though.
OK, thanks, that's somewhere to start.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #6

the Jayco 26RKS looks like it has a island in it, but only 1 large slide out
Old 07-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by What2buy View Post
Thanks everyone. We haven't purchased a TV yet, that will depend on what TT we buy, so that's not a problem. Have been looking at the F-150 Ecoboost with HD package. Then, if the TT is in the 6,000-8000lb range I should be OK.

There are so many TT choices from Jayco I've start getting blurred as to what is what. Just hoping some of you more knowledgeable folks know of some units I can have her look at when we drive out to the dealer.....who is about 2 1/2 hrs away. thanks
There are several members with that truck so maybe post in the TV section for some feedback. Most seem very happy with it overall.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Copied the following from Jayco's website:

Jay Flight 26RKS:

Jay Flight 33RLDS:

Eagle Super Lite 308RETS:

Eagle 330RLTS:

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #9

Never had a slide, but the 'bum' room it gives is awesome. What2Buy, that's an interesting setup. Here's my thoughts on the unit (take it with a grain of salt...after all, I AM opinionated):
With the island sink, all I can imagine is broken dishes! I think I'd get frustrated with it pretty quick; and
If both slides are closed, is there room to walk through the unit? Can you get to the fridge if you decide to stop off on the side of the road to make a quick sandwich for lunch?
Now - to each their own...some would hate the setup we have, but it works for us. Floorplans and desired layouts are totally individual. For the most part, you don't know what works .. and what doesn't .. until you try it!
Good luck!

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 AM   #10
Site Team

One great piece of advice someone gave me long ago is to never a rig without looking at it with all the slides closed and see what you can access. For us, we have to have access to the fridge and some cabinets, at least enough to fix lunch at a rest stop and get to the rest room.

Sitting in onw with the slides closed allows you to envision that.

It really confuses some sale people when you ask them to close the slides.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:10 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonk View Post
Never had a slide, but the 'bum' room it gives is awesome. What2Buy, that's an interesting setup. Here's my thoughts on the unit (take it with a grain of salt...after all, I AM opinionated):
With the island sink, all I can imagine is broken dishes! I think I'd get frustrated with it pretty quick; and
If both slides are closed, is there room to walk through the unit? Can you get to the fridge if you decide to stop off on the side of the road to make a quick sandwich for lunch?
Now - to each their own...some would hate the setup we have, but it works for us. Floorplans and desired layouts are totally individual. For the most part, you don't know what works .. and what doesn't .. until you try it!
Good luck!
We just traded our TT because you couldn't get to the Fridge or the bathroom with the slides closed. With kids or even just the wife taveling, when you got to go, you go to go. I agree ask them to close the slides so you can see what's what. JMO

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #12

I had a Jayco JayFlight G2 23 FB, my wife wanted more space and more cabinets, We ended up with a 2012 Jayco JayFlight 29 RLDS (rear lounge with 2 slides) It's a great trailer with lots of space and lots of cabinets, A friend has a Dutchman 277 RLS and it a very nice trailer, we were going to get one of those but Dutchman now has a 278 instead of the 277 and it's not bear as nice as the 277. If you find one check it out.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #13

Thanks for all the help everyone. Great advice about access with the slides closed. That is why I like the rear bath models, but didn't think about fridge. We never did ask the salesman to close it. I'd be you can't get by that center isle when closed.....humm
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #14

When buying our new tt several years back, a fellow camper suggested we consider what type of camping we would do; narrow campsites are not dual slide friendly (a slide on both the street as well as curbside). For us, that wasn't a concern, although while traveling last year we ran across one c/g that was pretty tight.

How exciting to be looking at new tt's... Happy shopping!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #15

Dual slides on opposite sides can possibly decrease your outdoor living area, especially the side where the campfire and picnic table are. Alot of these sites are really tight. I also do love the 26RKS w/bunks layout. I think I would of considered purchasing that one had I done more research, but I am in love with our 32bhds...Not sure what I'd do without the outdoor fridge. We no longer have to carry an extra cooler & making sure we also have ice.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #16

All great info and suggestions....thanks everyone. I see this is going to be a challenge b/c the DW does NOT like the rear living area with chairs. She does like a couch there, but not chairs (???) Hey, just because I married her doesn't mean I understand her We have the opposing slides on our current Class C and haven't had a problem with sites, etc., so I don't see it being a problem for a TT. We are primarily State park, Nat'l Forest campers. NOt too much RV park types. From your suggestions I have some models now that we can look at. And the search continues........
Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #17

I chose a Forest River toy hauler for our first camper. DW chose our 2nd and current one. The Wolf Pack had zero problems but inconvenient for her. Eagle has had a few problems, but because she is happy with it, life is good. Just sayin'.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #18

We took 1 of our chairs out and had the dealer order us a second couch for that slide. Now I have the L shaped couch on 1 side and a regular sleeper sofa on the other. The regular 1 is a LOT bigger sleeping area than the L couch in length and width FYI.

2016 Pinnacle 36REQS
2022 Ford F-450 6.7 4x4 CC LB Dually
Mike & Chelle, My kids when they decide to go with us.
MikeNChelle is offline   Reply With Quote